PDA

View Full Version : iBook not charging?

BoA*
Mar 23, 2007, 10:39 PM
Just bought another charger for my iBook G3 dual USB and it WILL NOT charge.

The charger works but it won't turn amber and charge and won't run off AC. It just stays green.

Any help?

mad jew
Mar 24, 2007, 05:03 AM
Another charger? Is there more background information? It could be a dead battery... Is there another battery you could try? :)

Shaduu
Mar 24, 2007, 05:55 AM
That sounds like a dead battery. My TiBook's the same, I just haven't got round to getting a new battery for it.

berner
Mar 24, 2007, 08:03 AM
more info would certainly help. The green light only isn't a clear indication that your ibook isn't getting any charge- it could be getting a trickle charge or the amber light might not be working properly. I suggest looking at the input output voltages with the charger plugged or unplugged (use xbattery or xresource graph or similar). that might help you diagnose a battery problem if that ends up being the case as some have suggested.
the charging plug certainly takes abuse over the years so I wouldn't rule out a short at the computer where the charger plugs in, if you apply sidways/up-down pressure to the adapter at the computer does the amber light come on?
good luck and repost with more info if you are still trying to resolve this.