Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MiniMan.

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 2, 2007
UK
Hi i just seen the new macrumors irc channel

Quakenet Server Channel: #MacRumors

What you guys think?

-Z

MiniMan.

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 2, 2007
UK
I just told the owner of the unofficial MacRumors and he said he didnt know there was an offical 1, so he's goin to delete his channel.:eek:

Anyways his fault!:eek:

he said he doesnt mind though
:apple:

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I just told the owner of the unofficial MacRumors and he said he didnt know there was an offical 1, so he's goin to delete his channel.:eek:

Anyways his fault!:eek:

he said he doesnt mind though
:apple:

Wait up. You told some guy who had a channel calling it "official" that it was unofficial? What makes your's more official than his? To me, both channels are created by users/fans of MR and neither of them are "official".
And do people still use IRC?

Good luck with your super official apparently not unofficial IRC channel. ;)

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
Wait up. You told some guy who had a channel calling it "official" that it was unofficial? What makes your's more official than his? To me, both channels are created by users/fans of MR and neither of them are "official".

Good luck with your super official apparently not unofficial IRC channel. ;)

Methinks you've got this not quite right. Somebody started up a "MacRumors" IRC channel, not knowing that we've had one (an official one) here for years. Once MiniMan. learned this, he alerted the guy who started the new channel, who then deleted it.

So we're back to just the official one. Whew...disaster averted. ;)

risc

macrumors 68030
Jul 23, 2004
Melbourne, Australia
I have found #MacOSX on irc.freenode.net pretty cool. 200+ users at any one time. Well worth a look as long as you can handle OT conversations.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.