PDA

View Full Version : Gateway and a Pink Laptops

Macmaniac
Jun 9, 2003, 06:33 PM
Gateway has hit a new low Look Here (http://news.com.com/2100-1042-1011525.html)

Legally Blonde is a mac movie, if you have ever seen the original movie she uses an old school iBook!

jxyama
Jun 9, 2003, 06:55 PM
a new low... most definitely...

tracking gateway's sorry management/marketing moves is rather depressing... just when one thought it's at the worst, something else worse comes up...

can't believe someone was actually paid to come up with this dumb idea. heck, next time, pay ME so i can tell them not to do such a dumb thing.

vniow
Jun 9, 2003, 07:46 PM
Its soooo cute!!

http://news.com.com/i/ne/p/2003/053003_pinkgateway.jpg

Dont Hurt Me
Jun 9, 2003, 07:52 PM
hey vniow i think a pink laptop is great, but it looks like mac is moving to metal. I have allways thought the multicolor imac was so cool.

laukev7
Jun 9, 2003, 08:51 PM
To quote Guybrush Threepwood from Escape from Monkey Island:

It's... pink!

avus
Jun 9, 2003, 09:29 PM
Not that I care much about Gateway, but I noticed that they brought back Cow Pattern in their trademark - I thought they ditched that permanently and moved to Power Button symbol (rotated 90 degrees to right to make it look like a "G") - are they thinking that changing CI (Corporate Identity) every 6 months really helps them gain any respectability?

DreaminDirector
Jun 9, 2003, 10:02 PM
blahahahahahhahahahahahaaa!

ahhhh, no, ok seriously gateway....

You're serious?

I wonder idiot came up with this marketing plan. I think in about two weeks, that man (or woman) will be fired.

At least that account executive has a job open for them at Mattel's Barbie division...

ollywilson2003
Jun 10, 2003, 04:36 AM
Oh Please.....

Sun Baked
Jun 10, 2003, 04:41 AM
Pink... the color of the perfect cow. ;)

That is a cow that the been butchered and cooked to perfection. :p

Sort of reminds me that I ran out of steak sauce. :(

solvs
Jun 10, 2003, 04:44 AM
Actually I saw a Barbie PC awhile ago (and a Hot Wheels one, too). Was gonna get one for my niece (and nephew when he got older - the Hot Wheels for him), but I just couldn't see doing that to them. It was this crappy looking iMac rip-off. We wanted to get them iMacs, but my sister's husband is a PC guy.

Poor kids.

Wonder what ever happened to those "toys"?

pivo6
Jun 10, 2003, 06:39 AM
Actually this computer is the perfect compliment to your Mary Kay cosmetic salesperson who is driving in her pink Cadillac.

Mr. Anderson
Jun 10, 2003, 06:46 AM
Well, in the movie she's going to be working on the Hill or in DC - so having a PC makes sense - there are almost no macs in the Gov't. But this? Ouch, sorry, can't see it having appeal to other than children of well off individuals and maybe an occassional adult.

But this is really pushing it in terms of style.

I'd love to know what the powers at Apple said when they first saw it.

D :D

jayscheuerle
Jun 10, 2003, 08:21 AM
I thought she had gone to law school, presumedly to become a lawyer...

Aren't Macs big with lawyers?

I guess she's not as smart as she doesn't look...:cool:

VIREBEL661
Jun 10, 2003, 09:48 AM
I also wonder how much money they paid for the product spotlight... Obviously more than Apple was willing to!

wdlove
Jun 10, 2003, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by vniow
Its soooo cute!!

Well that concept would definitely be an entry into the chick market! It reminds me of Mary Kay Cosmetics. The top sales leader would receive a Pink Cadilac!

P-Worm
Jun 10, 2003, 10:51 AM
You know what the saddest thing about this is? This is probably the most innovative thing that Gateway has every done. :rolleyes:

Let the OK times roll...

P-Worm

springscansing
Jun 10, 2003, 10:56 AM
Its soooo cute!!

Haha, that is cute. If the new PB970s come in pink you can count me in.

.a
Jun 10, 2003, 06:32 PM
the colours are back - finally
.a

.a
Jun 10, 2003, 06:34 PM
got you!

vniow
Jun 10, 2003, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by .a
got you!

Gimme gimme gimme!

*smooches .a*

MrMacMan
Jun 10, 2003, 08:28 PM
Gimme gimme gimme!

*smooches .a*

Ever hear of spray paint?
;)

VIREBEL661
Jun 10, 2003, 08:39 PM
I DO miss the colors, however...

voicegy
Jun 10, 2003, 10:56 PM
WOW! What a unique and ORIGINAL idea! A pc SHOWCASED in a movie or a tv series? Why didn't Apple ever think of that?! Great press! Oh, Gateway, I bow to your cleverness! You guyz are SO with it! I'm switching over to Gateway! <tossing head back and forth> "O-MY-GOD! Like, COW's for-EV-er!"

:o :rolleyes:

chewbaccapits
Jun 11, 2003, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by .a
got you! Thats pretty good...My wife would love it..

laukev7
Jun 11, 2003, 12:22 AM
I find that the laptop matches well with the OS. XP by Fisher Price, computer by mattel. :D

Heh, they should even add a "Mattel Inside" sticker!

RandomDeadHead
Jun 11, 2003, 02:27 AM
The company this year plans renovate most of its stores and launch 50 new products in 15 categories.

I bet they put a lot of ingenuity and creativity into each and every one of their fifty new products. :rolleyes:

ollywilson2003
Jun 11, 2003, 03:03 AM
Originally posted by laukev7
I find that the laptop matches well with the OS. XP by Fisher Price, computer by mattel. :D

Heh, they should even add a "Mattel Inside" sticker!

Please stop, my stomach is hurting from laughing!

laukev7
Jun 11, 2003, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by RandomDeadHead
I bet they put a lot of ingenuity and creativity into each and every one of their fifty new products. :rolleyes:

I find that they put a lot of ingenuity and creativity into every fifty new product.

(Hint: read this carefully!)