Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jxyama

macrumors 68040
Apr 3, 2003
a new low... most definitely...

tracking gateway's sorry management/marketing moves is rather depressing... just when one thought it's at the worst, something else worse comes up...

can't believe someone was actually paid to come up with this dumb idea. heck, next time, pay ME so i can tell them not to do such a dumb thing.

vniow

macrumors G4
Jul 18, 2002
I accidentally my whole location.
Its soooo cute!!

053003_pinkgateway.jpg

avus

macrumors regular
Nov 4, 2002
Not that I care much about Gateway, but I noticed that they brought back Cow Pattern in their trademark - I thought they ditched that permanently and moved to Power Button symbol (rotated 90 degrees to right to make it look like a "G") - are they thinking that changing CI (Corporate Identity) every 6 months really helps them gain any respectability?

DreaminDirector

macrumors 6502a
Sep 3, 2002
Ladera Ranch, CA
blahahahahahhahahahahahaaa!

ahhhh, no, ok seriously gateway....

You're serious?

I wonder idiot came up with this marketing plan. I think in about two weeks, that man (or woman) will be fired.

At least that account executive has a job open for them at Mattel's Barbie division...

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
Gateway Pink

Pink... the color of the perfect cow. ;)

That is a cow that the been butchered and cooked to perfection. :p

Sort of reminds me that I ran out of steak sauce. :(

solvs

macrumors 603
Jun 25, 2002
LaLaLand, CA
Actually I saw a Barbie PC awhile ago (and a Hot Wheels one, too). Was gonna get one for my niece (and nephew when he got older - the Hot Wheels for him), but I just couldn't see doing that to them. It was this crappy looking iMac rip-off. We wanted to get them iMacs, but my sister's husband is a PC guy.

Poor kids.

Wonder what ever happened to those "toys"?

pivo6

macrumors 68000
Dec 2, 2002
Minnesota
Actually this computer is the perfect compliment to your Mary Kay cosmetic salesperson who is driving in her pink Cadillac.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Well, in the movie she's going to be working on the Hill or in DC - so having a PC makes sense - there are almost no macs in the Gov't. But this? Ouch, sorry, can't see it having appeal to other than children of well off individuals and maybe an occassional adult.

But this is really pushing it in terms of style.

I'd love to know what the powers at Apple said when they first saw it.

D :D

VIREBEL661

macrumors regular
Feb 24, 2003
I also wonder how much money they paid for the product spotlight... Obviously more than Apple was willing to!

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
Originally posted by vniow
Its soooo cute!!

053003_pinkgateway.jpg

Well that concept would definitely be an entry into the chick market! It reminds me of Mary Kay Cosmetics. The top sales leader would receive a Pink Cadilac!

P-Worm

macrumors 68020
Jul 16, 2002
Salt Lake City, UT
You know what the saddest thing about this is? This is probably the most innovative thing that Gateway has every done. :rolleyes:

Let the OK times roll...

P-Worm

voicegy

macrumors 65816
WOW! What a unique and ORIGINAL idea! A pc SHOWCASED in a movie or a tv series? Why didn't Apple ever think of that?! Great press! Oh, Gateway, I bow to your cleverness! You guyz are SO with it! I'm switching over to Gateway! <tossing head back and forth> "O-MY-GOD! Like, COW's for-EV-er!"

:eek: :rolleyes:

laukev7

macrumors member
Feb 28, 2003
I find that the laptop matches well with the OS. XP by Fisher Price, computer by mattel. :D

Heh, they should even add a "Mattel Inside" sticker!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.