PDA

View Full Version : Want to increase your rep on xbox live?

v-ault
Mar 25, 2007, 12:40 PM
I have a 60 percent rep for some reason. I get avoided a lot for no reason, and I'm sure other people have been through the same thing. If you want rep, let's all make a gears of war game of macrumors users only and rep each other.

My gamertag is:xsamerx

post if interested

Nicolasdec
Mar 25, 2007, 01:23 PM
Its the same thing with me i think it happens when people dont rate you...

SamIchi
Mar 25, 2007, 01:42 PM
What does the rep actually do? And Achievements? I'm new to live (360 live).

sb58
Mar 25, 2007, 01:50 PM
it doesn't really do anything. it can let other people know whether or not your someone they want to play with or avoid though. Achievements are just... pointless and fun :D

2nyRiggz
Mar 25, 2007, 02:11 PM
GOW suck online so I can't help you...I think am on the 50% avoid but it doesn't bother me...I have a full list of friends that I play online with so no biggie.

I think it happens when people don't rate you.....doesn't matter though.

Bless

MacRumorUser
Mar 25, 2007, 02:26 PM
Ask everyone on your friendslist to put you down as a prefered player. Just having you as a friend does not make you prefered - it will help get your rep back up.

My rep is still around 90% which I'm surprised by. I dont worry about it - but if it was at 60% I would :D

Seems like there are certain games where players are more prone to leaving bad feedback. GoW being one.

2nyRiggz
Mar 25, 2007, 02:44 PM
I think am on the 50%

Oh, my percentage is higher than I thought...I guess people like playing online with me. I should go through my friends list and put something on everyones rep...at least the ones I play online with...I need to edit my list.

Bless

Suture
Mar 26, 2007, 12:39 PM
By default, your rep stays as-is. If you play with a group of people and none of them report anything, your score does not change. I'm at 100% still because I haven't pissed anyone off (yet).

If you're looking for some more people to play with, add me. My primary gamertag is HOT JUGGERNAUT. Playing mostly GRAW2 lately, but I do have GoW.

As for the Achievement points, I don't remember where I read it -- but somewhere it stated Microsoft was exploring the possibility of allowing subscribers to XBL to use their Achievement points for something, besides just being "nerd cred."

Old Mac Geezer
Mar 27, 2007, 07:32 AM
What happens is whenever you beat someone in a game on Live, they get a hair up their butt and give you bad rep even if you played fair and in accordance with the rules of the game you are playing. It is a form of revenge for getting their a$$es pwned. Sometimes I can understand it, like if you are in a combat game like GRAW or CoD and someone kills you repeatedly with a sniper rifle while you are still on your respawn point you would give them bad rep because that's just poor sportsmanship. It's like hunting deer with an Ak-47. Most people, though, just do it out of spite. The really unfair thing about it, though, is those are the types of people you will get stuck playing against for the rest of your life because of the matching system. High rep players more often get matched against other high rep players, and low rep players more often get matched against other low rep players, so being bad rep'ed enough times makes sure you end up playing against losers all the time.

jane doe
Mar 28, 2007, 12:39 PM
I'd be willing to join some macrumors games but I don't have gears of war (didn't really care for it).

I have lost planet, crackdown, Halo2 and Star Trek if anyone wants to play. just send me a friend invite and let me know your from macrumors.