PDA

View Full Version : Any Warcraft III players here?

Chone
Mar 25, 2007, 05:59 PM
I've owned Warcraft since it was first released but stop playing ladder games a long time ago, recently I started playing again and I'm having a blast and I thought it might be cool to play a few games (maybe some AT) with some macrumor users, maybe even go as far as to create a MR clan :p heh anyways

Anyone a Warcraft 3 player here?

NickD
Mar 25, 2007, 07:20 PM
Yep. I play WC 3. A MR Clan sounds like an awesome idea!

-NickD-

Ja Di ksw
Mar 25, 2007, 08:15 PM
Yeah, I love WC3. Unfortunately, for a short while I played far too much and wasn't getting enough work done. After that I decided to store the cd at another house to prevent me from picking it up randomly and wasting 3 hours on it when I should be working.

Now I have jsettlers to help me do that.

Rocksaurus
Mar 25, 2007, 08:32 PM
I just finished playing a game, actually. I play the expansion pack, which I assume everyone does but do you just play regular WC3? I'll do an AT with you and anyone else who wants to... Also I'd love to play some tournament games if anyone's interested, because I've never played a tournament game before...

Also - jsettlers - is that a computer version of Settlers of Catan for Mac? If so, link?

Ja Di ksw
Mar 25, 2007, 08:35 PM
My guess is most people are playing the expansion pack now, not just the first one.

Yeah, that's exactly what it is. Just go to jsettlers.com The "j" is for java.

NickD
Mar 25, 2007, 09:15 PM
If you want to get a group or clan together, PM me to let me know!

drummerbooker14
Mar 25, 2007, 09:16 PM
I play warcraft III, on occasion

Chone
Mar 25, 2007, 09:44 PM
We really should create a clan, tournaments are really fun. And yes I do play Frozen Throne.

What servers do you play on? I play on US East but I also have a Euro account.

NickD
Mar 25, 2007, 09:46 PM
I play on Azeroth (US East) primarily, even though I'm in Colorado.

applecrag
Mar 25, 2007, 10:37 PM
yeah i play TFT...im on useast pm me sometime...screen names gsalzer

aafuss1
Mar 25, 2007, 11:49 PM
I play WarCraft III on Azeroth (US East)-even though I'm in Australia.

Chone
Mar 26, 2007, 01:11 AM
Well looks like we have enough people to start gaming away :) anyone interested PM me so we can create a clan and add each other to our friend lists.

I'm off to sleep now but I'll check this topic sometime tomorrow.

By the way I am Piuc2020 on US East and Chone on Europe.

chriscorbin
Mar 26, 2007, 01:34 AM
I only play @ school, and only lan with my friends on the school network

Soulstorm
Mar 26, 2007, 04:57 AM
I started playing again after a long pause... Long ago, me and my friends were ranked 573rd in arranged team in the Europe server.

If you want players, pm me. I play frozen throne on the european server.. It's more balanced than the original one, plus, it's easier to find games for it.

Sdashiki
Mar 26, 2007, 07:55 AM
RoC has never been fully balanced, so if you go up against experienced players, you will get your butt handed to you because of the imbalances each race possess. Of course, there are counters, but when you play 1v1 ranked ladder games, there are only like 8 maps and you know them so well, that after awhile its second nature some strats...

FT on the other hand leaves a bit more wiggling room for good tactics and off the cuff decisions, plus it where all the good custom maps (DotA) are.

Also, the players on RoC, vs FT, are alot meaner and shiiiite-talking.

Up until the last ladder reset a few months ago, i was ranked 40 or so in 1v1 RoC. Now, I play FT DotA too much.

NickD
Mar 26, 2007, 09:42 AM
PM sent Chone. Also, I play US East as CarpeGuitarrem.

EDIT: I now also have a Euro account under the name Take13Prod

Chone
Mar 26, 2007, 11:02 AM
I already added NickD and aafuss to my friends list, we should decide on a name and abbreviation for the clan.

NickD
Mar 26, 2007, 11:41 AM
The Might Disciples of Apple

Sdashiki
Mar 26, 2007, 11:55 AM
It is MOST important to have the 4 letter abbrev. be the best part of the clan name.

haiggy
Mar 26, 2007, 12:29 PM
Yeah, I play TFT... way too much.
I definitely prefer it over homework to say the least..

573rd in arrange team? :p I'm rank 27th with my friend in 2's. :D I play on US East and my name is Triple.Triple... add me or something and we can play a few games.

Can't wait until I get my MBP do to some even more serious owning of noobs... 'cause with a 933 MHz iBook, let's just say I've seen my FPS counter hit 0.8. In 80 vs 80 food battles though, its about 9 fps. Definitely frustrating - and there is lag between hot keys. :(

MBP's... be released SOON!

haiggy
Mar 26, 2007, 12:33 PM
I already added NickD and aafuss to my friends list, we should decide on a name and abbreviation for the clan.

You know, MacRumors had a WarCraft 3 clan a long time ago. Clan G5 with the tag [G5]. We joined up with a "Team G5" that played UT 2004 clan and it became a UT and WC3 clan. It ended up having little or no active members and died a year later or so. I'm currently in a clan I'm happy with so I don't think I will leave it for the new clan you guys create. Sorry, although I could be in it with an aka.

PM me or something. I'll also be willing to possibly help you guys if you need tips or lessons in ladder.

Edit: and definitely do NOT make it "The Might Disciples of Apple"

MacRumors Craft is better than that lol

Rocksaurus
Mar 26, 2007, 07:16 PM
So everyone plays on USEast, and I'm the only one on West. If you guys are actually serious about this I'll make an East account. Have you guys played at all? Is it for real?

NickD
Mar 26, 2007, 07:47 PM
I play LAN games pretty often. My friend got on my Battle.net account the other day though (first time ever logged into it) and granted me 6 losses :rolleyes:

haiggy
Mar 26, 2007, 08:07 PM
I play LAN games pretty often. My friend got on my Battle.net account the other day though (first time ever logged into it) and granted me 6 losses :rolleyes:

Yeah, ladder is a lot different from campaign and custom games.

NickD
Mar 26, 2007, 08:14 PM
I've only played 1 ladder game myself, but have watched (literally) hundreds more on top of that, so I'm pretty familiar with the style.

-NickD-

Chone
Mar 26, 2007, 09:52 PM
Hell yeah I'm dead serious about the clan but I want it to be a fun clan rather than a competitive clan meaning I just want every MR WC3 player to join (regardless of skill) so we can have some fun AT games, learn from each other (especially if there are any gosu players here), improve and overall have fun :)

Post your US East accounts here or PM them to me so I can add you to my friends list and create the clan when we have enough people, so far we have NickD and aafuss on board. Maybe I'll add you haiggy to play a game or two sometime but something tells me you are way more skilled than I am :o :p

As for name and abbreviation I was thinking of something simple like MacRumors for the name and possible abreviations like [MR], Mac, or something like that.

Now we just need the people!

NickD
Mar 26, 2007, 10:37 PM
If you build it, they will come.

Just start the clan now and we'll see who else comes along.

cutsman
Mar 26, 2007, 10:43 PM
Funny how there is suddenly a WC3 thread here, just a mere week after i started playing. I've had WC3 for a few years now and never really got into it ... what turned me off was how different it was from SC. Anyways, just recently thought I'd give it another try. I'd be interested in joining you guys for some games... although I warn you, I'm not very good at all... and in fact have only played maybe 1 or 2 bnet games... I'm currently trying to practice against the computer in custom games and even when set to easy, I'm getting my ass handed to me. Very different from SC... :(

NickD
Mar 26, 2007, 10:56 PM
Well, I'm not that incredible either. What's your BNet name, and on what channel do you play? Maybe we can help each other out ;)

tristan
Mar 27, 2007, 01:57 AM
I lost my WC3 CD. Somebody said it might be in the couch. I mastered the game anyway - I play human, build mages, priests, and griffons, and just teleport around the board and crush people. I play one player vs 3 computer teams of two opponents and always win unless the orcs pull a rush.

cutsman
Mar 27, 2007, 11:16 AM
I'll need to make a new bnet acct tonight. The last time I tried playing WC3 on bnet was probalby about a year ago. We should compile a list of MR members and their account names so we can all add each other and get some games going.

I know i can definitely use some pointers and more experience... getting killed by 1 computer set to easy is embarrassing to say the very least... :o

I'll post my new acct up on here tonight. For those of you interested in getting some games going, post em here :D

NickD
Mar 27, 2007, 11:18 AM
CarpeGuitarrem - Azeroth (US East)

EDIT: If people would like, I can start compiling a list on the forums.

QCassidy352
Mar 27, 2007, 01:33 PM
I like to play TFT on US East. I play some 2v2 (and 1v1 or 3v3, but rarely) and lots of DotA. :) My SN is KingofNewbs

Ja Di ksw
Mar 27, 2007, 01:38 PM
If you guys start a clan, I'll go get the cd out of storage. I generally played 3v3's, use to play some 2v2.

NickD
Mar 27, 2007, 02:05 PM
Hopefully we will get a clan going. That would be awesome! Added you QCassidy.

NickD

Chone
Mar 27, 2007, 03:08 PM
Hey NickD remember the game I was playing last night? Well we tower rush, I got destroyed but we dented them enough to still win, it was really fun.

I thought we could post replays of games we thought were fun or interesting so I'll start :)

http://two.xthost.info/mrwc3/LastReplay.w3g

I have some work to do today but I'll add however posts here in the night and maybe we can play a few games.

KingYaba
Mar 27, 2007, 05:11 PM
Defense of the Ancients has ruined my Frozen Throne experience. I cannot play any other game now. Account is KingYaba on USEast...

cutsman
Mar 27, 2007, 05:43 PM
Got an account started up... Clown-Baby on USEast.

I suggest we consolidate a list of people... NickD wanna do the honours (i'm lazy)? :p

Rocksaurus
Mar 27, 2007, 06:38 PM
OKAY.

I went ahead and made a US East account. For convenience my account on US East is "rocksaurus". I added everyone to my friend's list who has left their US East account name on this thread! Add me to your friends list and feel free to message me whenever you want, I'm always up for a game.

NickD
Mar 27, 2007, 06:56 PM
Once we have decided on a clan name, I will post a MR Clan Thread. I'll list all current members, and information about the clan. Once we have decided on a name, I will not add you until you PM Chone about joining the clan. In other words, I will moderate the MR thread for the clan, and Chone will moderate the actual clan itself.

Capish?
NickD

QCassidy352
Mar 27, 2007, 08:28 PM
Defense of the Ancients has ruined my Frozen Throne experience. I cannot play any other game now. Account is KingYaba on USEast...

I think I've played DotA with you... :eek: :p

and for the record, this has been done before, but the clan fell apart because not enough people were playing.

NickD
Mar 27, 2007, 08:29 PM
Let's give it a shot and see how it goes. Hopefully people will play enough to support the clan.

haiggy
Mar 27, 2007, 09:48 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (MobilePhone SCP-2300/CA/1.0) NetFront/3.1 MMP/2.0)

I agree about having the clan name simple and not cheesy. I thing Macrumors would be enough with the tag either Mac or AAPL or MR. What do you guys think? We could all make new accounts like Mac.insert the name you choose here. or MR.same thing, although that looks a little like Mr. Anyways, what are your thoughts? We will want to make this asap, no?

drummerbooker14
Mar 27, 2007, 10:29 PM
hmm. sounds like a cool idea. i play on USEast as Balthaczar

NickD
Mar 28, 2007, 10:10 AM
Added you drummerbooker :cool:

Still waiting on Chone for news of a possible clan.

Diatribe
Mar 28, 2007, 11:05 AM
I'd be in if we get enough people to play and when I get my MBP back from repairs.

Chone
Mar 28, 2007, 03:12 PM
Added you drummerbooker :cool:

Still waiting on Chone for news of a possible clan.

The clan is definitely real heh.

Sorry for being absent these last few days, I've been swamped with a really long project but I should be done with it by tonight, if enough people are connected and willing, we will create the clan today.

NickD can you make a list of all the possible members so I can easily add them to my friends list?

NickD
Mar 28, 2007, 09:04 PM
List posted. I think for the clan name, let's do something very simple such as:

Mac Rumors Clan (MRC)

haiggy
Mar 30, 2007, 06:30 PM
Woot,
Me and my friend just got Rank 6 in 2's AT on US East. :)

Rank 6
Level 31
89-56
61.2% Win

:eek: :D

NickD
Mar 30, 2007, 06:58 PM
Congrats man! That's awesome news.

haiggy
Mar 30, 2007, 08:46 PM
Congrats man! That's awesome news.

Hehe, thanks... had to tell the world! :)

So what's the news on the clan?

sb58
Mar 30, 2007, 08:54 PM
So what's the news on the clan?

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=291720

congrats btw.