PDA

View Full Version : CnC3: Tiberium Wars

Lemming
Mar 25, 2007, 07:20 PM
So, anyone here planning on picking up a copy of the new Command and Conquer game? Sadly, it is PC only but it the demo runs quite well on my 15" MBP using Boot Camp.

Chone
Mar 25, 2007, 07:26 PM
So, anyone here planning on picking up a copy of the new Command and Conquer game? Sadly, it is PC only but it the demo runs quite well on my 15" MBP using Boot Camp.

I sure am, the demo was very fun and playing Tiberium Wars brought so many great memories of playing earlier Command & Conquer games.

BTW, have you tried the trick to play as Nod? Just hold N while selecting your race and click nod.

dmw007
Mar 25, 2007, 10:05 PM
I am also planning on picking up the game- it looks pretty amazing! :)

EvryDayImShufln
Mar 26, 2007, 12:00 AM
I'm definitely grabbing myself a copy, maybe kane special edition or something. I've been a C&C fan since the beginning and this game is a revival of the original, with the sidebar and MCV and everything. Generals was more a copy of blizzard RTS games, and while somewhat fun, not nearly as appealing to me as tiberium wars.

Chone
Mar 26, 2007, 01:13 AM
I'm definitely grabbing myself a copy, maybe kane special edition or something. I've been a C&C fan since the beginning and this game is a revival of the original, with the sidebar and MCV and everything. Generals was more a copy of blizzard RTS games, and while somewhat fun, not nearly as appealing to me as tiberium wars.

I thought it was very similar to the first game as well, brought so many good memories, I'm loving C&C3, GDI and NOD are definitely the best factions ever in the C&C games even though I'm not that keen on the Scrin yet.

ViM
Mar 26, 2007, 01:29 AM
does it run well on an iMac C2D? and is it a worldwide release, so Australia gets it at the same times as U.S.?

LastLine
Mar 26, 2007, 06:49 AM
I can tell you that it runs well on a Mac mini - except for the fact the graphics card can't handle water so it'll at lealst run on an Intel iMac.

As for worldwide release - nope - it's already out now in several places and has hit torrent sites already (not that I condone such things...still)

Keebler
Mar 26, 2007, 08:41 AM
yup! but i won't buy it until i buy my mac pro in a month or so. current pc vid card won't run it well.

i've always loved the C&C games. great strategic fun.

dmw007
Mar 26, 2007, 08:44 AM

Same here, I have been an avid C&C fan since the original game was released and this one does seem like a revival of the original. :)

I agree that C&C Generals was a fun game, but it does not look as good as C&C 3 does.

takao
Mar 26, 2007, 12:20 PM
yeah the whole atmosphere is very c&c 1 like which i really like.. finally those stupid mechs etc. are gone

also the engine scales really good .. i was running the demo on my old athlon xp 2000 and i was surprised how many detaisl i could get out (with only performance drops when you drop the A-bomb)

actually it runs on the same engine like generals only with new shaders etc.

2 thumbs up for the game ... especially for finally handling infantry in squads... was about time

LastLine
Mar 26, 2007, 01:00 PM
Indeed - I have an Athlong 64 3400+, 1.5gb RAM, and a new 1950 Pro 256mb vid card,

It looks gorgeous, I've seriously never seen a game with such detail on this machine - now if only I had an intel desktop mac to run it on (other than the mini I use as a media center :P)

the kid 05
Mar 26, 2007, 03:00 PM
ill be getting it when its released on 360

Chone
Mar 26, 2007, 04:01 PM
ill be getting it when its released on 360

I'm very curious to see how the game controls on an Xbox pad especially since its such a precision point & click intensive fast paced game.

For the sake of Xbox360 players hopefully EA won't mix 360 and PC online matches.

dmw007
Mar 26, 2007, 04:07 PM
I'm very curious to see how the game controls on an Xbox pad especially since its such a precision point & click intensive fast paced game.

That will be interesting to see how they manage that- I just do not envision it as being an easy game to play on the Xbox 360. :o

LastLine
Mar 27, 2007, 03:13 AM
I'm just dissapointed I can't get the preorder maps that America gets :( Shame because they look really good.

EvryDayImShufln
Mar 27, 2007, 08:41 PM
I got this game, online is fun as hell! There are still bugs though, EA's online play menus aren't as good as Blizzards, and is alot more buggy as well, but at least it (sort of) works between continents I think.

A patch should fix this soon

forhezeanubee
Apr 13, 2007, 09:31 AM
Picked it up for my 2ghz cd 2gig ram Blackbook (using BootCamp) last night its all good so far except damn took like 2 hours to install and I cant jack up the graphics very high but she runs well at the medium range not bad for a integrated gpu but if you have our lovely Intel gma chipset dont try the best of everything unless your not concerned with the real time part of RTS

steelfist
Apr 15, 2007, 02:04 AM
i got mine now, i'm a GDI user now, i'm getting introduced to scringe now, they seem to be very powerful, but i still can't get the hang of it nor have any good strategies. i hate it when people only rush online, it's so no-brainer, those noobs :mad:, and the disconnection thing, where a losing person will disconnect so that he won't have any loses in his stats, so he can "look" really good at playing.

Spiller17
Nov 28, 2007, 07:00 PM
Hello, have just tried to play a multiplayer network game with my friend. He has a macbook pro and i have an imac. both macs run the game fine in isolation, but not so well together.
initially we tried using an ethernet connection (direct between the macs), we could create games and join them, but when one clicked 'play' the other computer disconnected almost straight away.
both our firewalls were disabled and i really can't think of anything else that might be affecting it.

has anyone else had any success or can see something that we might try?
Disabling Parallel's network thingies did the trick.

Much better in multiplayer!

Schools out
Jan 7, 2008, 01:01 PM
Hello,

I have a pc that plays C&C 3 on medium graphics and it runs well. I have to buy a new computer, for school, but I want one that'll be fun to play on. So I'm going to go for a mac. The one I have my eye on is as follows.

iMac: 20-inch 2.4GHz
Intel Core 2 Duo
2 Gb RAM
ATI Radeon HD 2600 PRO 256Mb

Will the game play well, and by well I mean on high graphics with the anti-aliasing at least at level 2 and the shodows up as well? Please let me know, I really don't want to get another pc, I've allways had problems.

MrMacMan
Jan 7, 2008, 10:23 PM
Please let me know, I really don't want to get another pc, I've allways had problems.

Since your iMac will have a Intel processor you could use BootCamp (meaning you could boot both mac os x and windows).

Remember that this is always a possibility as pretty much every game will run better on windows than mac os x right now... tho games are getting better and more of similar recommended specs.

tog22
Jan 13, 2008, 02:06 PM
Hello,

I have a pc that plays C&C 3 on medium graphics and it runs well. I have to buy a new computer, for school, but I want one that'll be fun to play on. So I'm going to go for a mac. The one I have my eye on is as follows.

iMac: 20-inch 2.4GHz
Intel Core 2 Duo
2 Gb RAM
ATI Radeon HD 2600 PRO 256Mb

Will the game play well, and by well I mean on high graphics with the anti-aliasing at least at level 2 and the shodows up as well? Please let me know, I really don't want to get another pc, I've allways had problems.

According to this review (http://www.insidemacgames.com/reviews/view.php?ID=861&Page=1) the Mac version should run very well - so why not buy that to support Mac gaming? I'm looking to get it myself, but unfortunately EA seem not to have bothered to send any stock to the UK. It's as if they don't want our (more valuable!) money :confused:

ziggyonice
Apr 14, 2009, 12:06 AM
Hello, have just tried to play a multiplayer network game with my friend. He has a macbook pro and i have an imac. both macs run the game fine in isolation, but not so well together.
initially we tried using an ethernet connection (direct between the macs), we could create games and join them, but when one clicked 'play' the other computer disconnected almost straight away.
both our firewalls were disabled and i really can't think of anything else that might be affecting it.

has anyone else had any success or can see something that we might try?
Disabling Parallel's network thingies did the trick.

Much better in multiplayer!

I know this is a very old thread, but I just had to thank you for this being the answer to solve my problem! :)