Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

meta-ghost

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 9, 2002
San Francisco
Just read the following job listing and thought I'd post it in case anyone is interested.

MAC Developer

Reply to: jobs@emotion.com
Date: 2003-06-09, 8:53AM

eMotion, the leading provider of hosted digital asset management services, is looking for a MAC Developer on a contract basis for 2 months (possibly longer). Developer will be responsible for porting a native Macintosh application from OS 9.X to OS X using the Carbon API. Developer must be able to work remotely and coordinate with East Coast development team. Product is a helper application communicating via HTTP to a server for the exchange of digital media and associated information.

Requirements:
- 5-7 years of development experience on the Mac platform
- Expert in Macintosh internals (file handling, memory management, http communications, UI tools)
- Expert in Macintosh development tools (CodeWarrior, PowerPlant, InstallerVise)
- Skilled C++ analysis, design and implementation

Strongly desired:
- Background in digital image and video manipulation on the Macintosh platform
- Experience in professional environments with Macintosh tools (pre-press, video post-production etc.)

To learn more about eMotion, please visit our website at http://www.emotion.com. To apply, please email a resume and cover letter to jobs@emotion.com. Please include Mac Developer in the subject line.

This is a contract job.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Please, no phone calls about this job!
Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.
Reposting this message elsewhere is NOT OK.
this is in or around San Francisco

Copyright © 2003 craigslist

Jesus on OSX

macrumors member
Apr 29, 2003
riiight.

They want a coder, an analyst, graphic designer and a video editing professional - All-in-One.

Reminds me of resumes I used to see on Hotjobs.com

--------------------
Unix Admin 10+ years, Windows VS 6 Senior developer with fortune 500 company experience 5+ years. Samba, Linux, BSD, Solaris and Cisco administrator. MCSE, MCDB, CCNA, CCIP, RHCE - Required. Must have a Masters in Business Administration with Marketing Minor. Strong C++,C, Perl, MSQL, Oracle, ASP, and XML knowledge. HTML and design skills preffered.

Good pay. Free parking.
-------------------

Question is, do such people exist? A coder and graphic designer are completely 2 different animals.

szark

macrumors 68030
May 14, 2002
Arid-Zone-A
Sometimes the HR people blindly follow rules their company has set out without thinking.

For example, a lot of companies will put "5+ yrs experience" on just about every job description. One of my computer teachers told me how, when IBM first released AIX, he saw many job descriptions in the paper asking for people with 5+ yrs experience in AIX...and it had only been out for two months!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.