PDA

View Full Version : Bill Gates finally gets college degree.

giganten
Mar 26, 2007, 05:01 AM
Maybe old news?

Everybody knows that you'd better stay in school - after all, people who don't graduate from uni have been proven to earn less over their lifetimes. I wonder whether the people who conducted that study included the world's richest man, Bill Gates? The founder of Microsoft never did go back to earn his degree - but he'll have one now.

read more here (http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2007/03/26/Bill_Gates_finally_gets_college_degree/).

dmw007
Mar 26, 2007, 06:48 AM
Don't think that a college degree is really necessary for Gates to earn more money- I think he is doing pretty well as is. :p

Although, perhaps he will do something intelligent now and scrap M$ Windoze. ;) :D :apple:

Counterfit
Mar 26, 2007, 04:31 PM
I'll probably be there for the last day of festivities (when the big speech is given). I got to hear the end of John Lithgow's speech two years ago (and then I worked for 8 hours straight :(). I really really hope it's someone other than Billy boy. Preferably someone funny (like Seth MacFarlane last year).

Hummer
Mar 26, 2007, 04:39 PM
Maybe now apple could stop rejecting his desperate job applications.

WildCowboy
Mar 26, 2007, 04:46 PM
I'm sure he already has a few honorary degrees from other universities around the world, so this one's really no different.

I'd be a lot more impressed if he'd gone back and actually finished up the work to get his real degree from Harvard. I'm sure he could have made time for it. I know he obviously doesn't need it at this point, but it would be a good public demonstration of support for education, fulfilling goals, etc.

Lord Blackadder
Mar 26, 2007, 05:31 PM
Nothing succeeds like success - rest assured that Harvard's attitude towards him may have something to do with his bank account...when teaching the capitalists of tomorrow you'd like to associate yourself with the most successful capitalists of today.

Sherman Homan
Mar 26, 2007, 06:22 PM
Bill Gates finally gets college degree.
Good, now he can finally go out and get a job, move out of his mother's basement. :rolleyes:

Bobdude161
Mar 26, 2007, 09:43 PM
Good, now he can finally go out and get a job, move out of his mother's basement. :rolleyes:

u mean this basement?
http://www.itmweb.com/gatess01.jpg

dmw007
Mar 26, 2007, 09:59 PM
Maybe now apple could stop rejecting his desperate job applications.

Why? Are they looking for someone to head the sanitation department? ;) :D :cool: