Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

giganten

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 23, 2006
Maybe old news?

Everybody knows that you'd better stay in school - after all, people who don't graduate from uni have been proven to earn less over their lifetimes. I wonder whether the people who conducted that study included the world's richest man, Bill Gates? The founder of Microsoft never did go back to earn his degree - but he'll have one now.

read more here.

dmw007

macrumors G4
May 26, 2005
Working for MI-6
Don't think that a college degree is really necessary for Gates to earn more money- I think he is doing pretty well as is. :p

Although, perhaps he will do something intelligent now and scrap M$ Windoze. ;) :D :apple:

Counterfit

macrumors G3
Aug 20, 2003
sitting on your shoulder
I'll probably be there for the last day of festivities (when the big speech is given). I got to hear the end of John Lithgow's speech two years ago (and then I worked for 8 hours straight :(). I really really hope it's someone other than Billy boy. Preferably someone funny (like Seth MacFarlane last year).

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
I'm sure he already has a few honorary degrees from other universities around the world, so this one's really no different.

I'd be a lot more impressed if he'd gone back and actually finished up the work to get his real degree from Harvard. I'm sure he could have made time for it. I know he obviously doesn't need it at this point, but it would be a good public demonstration of support for education, fulfilling goals, etc.

Lord Blackadder

macrumors P6
May 7, 2004
Sod off
Nothing succeeds like success - rest assured that Harvard's attitude towards him may have something to do with his bank account...when teaching the capitalists of tomorrow you'd like to associate yourself with the most successful capitalists of today.

Bobdude161

macrumors 65816
Mar 12, 2006
N'Albany, Indiana
Good, now he can finally go out and get a job, move out of his mother's basement. :rolleyes:

u mean this basement?
gatess01.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.