PDA

View Full Version : Apple reveals the iPrinter!

anti-microsoft
Mar 26, 2007, 12:05 PM
Naaa Only kidding,

But if I were working at apple, I would make a revolutionary printer.

-iPod dock: for direct iPod prints
-USB & FIREWIRE conecctors: Print photos directly from a camera or from an external Hard Drive
-Bluetooth:Print from bluetooth cameras or bluetooth phones
-WiFi: Print wirelessly or pics from a wifi network

Photo prints at : 10 prints per minute

Speed: 86ppm

Resolution: 5678ppi

psychofreak
Mar 26, 2007, 12:07 PM
Apart from iPod integration (pretty much useless without an iPod which has a camera) its not so revolutionary...

TheAnswer
Mar 26, 2007, 12:30 PM
Apple got out of the printer business a long time ago and I think (aside from ink cartridge costs - :eek: ) the printer market is doing pretty well on it's own...there is healthy competition that will hopefully drive more technological innovation in the future.

mattscott306
Mar 26, 2007, 12:43 PM
To be fair, there was plenty of competition in the Cell phone market, yet apple still found a way to innovate in that, but I don't think apple will jump into the printer market (Again).

anti-microsoft
Mar 28, 2007, 07:32 AM
Apart from iPod integration (pretty much useless without an iPod which has a camera) its not so revolutionary...

I ment you could print photos that are stored on your iPod!!

FleurDuMal
Mar 28, 2007, 07:37 AM
Apple only really move into markets if it can either innovate it or incorporate it fully into their current set up. I don't think an iPod dock on a printer really counts as either of those. Most people already have a printer on the computer that they have the original photos from which they copied onto the iPod. So why someone would copy those photos from their computer, onto the iPod and then dock the iPod onto a printer I don't know.

Spock
Mar 28, 2007, 07:46 AM
I ment you could print photos that are stored on your iPod!!

But if they are on your iPod they are in iPhoto!

mrgreen4242
Mar 28, 2007, 08:32 AM
I think the MR should have a policy on this sort of post. That is, misleading titles like this should be moved to the wasteland! It's just stupid to have to click on these threads to see if they are just the ramblings of some newb or if there is some merit/rumor to them.

MacPanda
Mar 28, 2007, 08:45 AM
i think it is a great idea - go around to friends share some snaps and print off directly from the ipod - handy and fun.

macpanda

dmw007
Mar 28, 2007, 08:52 AM
While an iPrinter might seem like a cool product for Apple to release, I doubt that it will actually happen...

wmmk
Mar 29, 2007, 12:23 PM
Naaa Only kidding,

But if I were working at apple, I would make a revolutionary printer.

-iPod dock: for direct iPod prints
-USB & FIREWIRE conecctors: Print photos directly from a camera or from an external Hard Drive
-Bluetooth:Print from bluetooth cameras or bluetooth phones
-WiFi: Print wirelessly or pics from a wifi network

Photo prints at : 10 prints per minute

Speed: 86ppm

Resolution: 5678ppi
I can pull better numbers of of my rear end than you can!
Photo prints at: a billion prints per minute
Speed: A gazillion ppm

And I'd add the ability to cook my ramen.

schmintan
Mar 30, 2007, 03:06 AM
what apple really need is a laptop thats capiable of using a dock ( and a dock obviously!). every other brand out there, even dells and HP's that cost a few hundred quid can sit into port replicators. for anyone who uses a laptop at their desk, but carries it away to meetings a dock is invaluable. you sit it into the dock and you have a desktop pc setup ( well similar) full keyboard, big monitor etc etc, and no need to connect tons of wires. i find it crazy that this is not in the MBP, thats supposed to be a workhorse laptop. eh well. next time i guess.

anti-microsoft
Mar 30, 2007, 08:15 AM
But if they are on your iPod they are in iPhoto!

But what if your friend has an iPod and has really cool photos and you want to prit them of? huh?

anti-microsoft
Mar 30, 2007, 08:19 AM
I can pull better numbers of of my rear end than you can!
Photo prints at: a billion prints per minute
Speed: A gazillion ppm

And I'd add the ability to cook my ramen.

I think that would be damn impossible!!!
PLEASE BE REALISTIC for crying out loud!

psychofreak
Mar 30, 2007, 08:22 AM
But what if your friend has an iPod and has really cool photos and you want to prit them of? huh?

1. So rare an occasion it is not worth adding cost to a product for it

2. It takes one extra minute to copy those photos from your iPod to your computer

QuarterSwede
Mar 30, 2007, 08:31 AM
Even if Apple made an "iPrinter" it would have to be a lot more revolutionary than what ideas are posted for me to stop using my Canon Pixma MP830.

Jay42
Mar 30, 2007, 08:46 AM
I never understood the whole "print directly from the camera" business. :confused: Who has a camera and a printer, but no computer? And is there anyone who really prefers going through their photos on a tiny 2in LCD screen and printing them without editing? Even Canon's pro DSLRs have a print button. What am I missing?

RichP
Mar 30, 2007, 08:12 PM
I never understood the whole "print directly from the camera" business. :confused: Who has a camera and a printer, but no computer? And is there anyone who really prefers going through their photos on a tiny 2in LCD screen and printing them without editing? Even Canon's pro DSLRs have a print button. What am I missing?

I had a meeting with a printer manufacturer once...and its funny, ALOT of people in these companies dont know who uses that functionality either! More about marketing featureset than usefulness.