PDA

View Full Version : MacRumors featured on the ScreenSavers

pilotgi
Jun 10, 2003, 09:59 AM
Last night on the ScreenSavers, Kevin Rose chose MacRumors as one of his favorite websites during their "site-o'-rama" segment.

They showed the homepage on their big plasma monitor. Great national exposure!

Spock
Jun 10, 2003, 10:17 AM
Leo used to show Macrumors alot on Call For Help. Those were the days. Good ol ZDt.v

pretentious
Jun 10, 2003, 10:52 AM
I saw it last night and was like "Wow, Cool"

Now I'm wondering what Kevin or Leo's nick is :)

zulgand04
Jun 10, 2003, 11:44 AM
I wish comcast in New haven, CT. would actully offer it instead of adding 30 diffrent discovery channles that has the same programing on over and over. I want Tech tv so badly lol.
so for my ramble.

-neal

Glossybear
Jun 10, 2003, 01:15 PM
Seriously...
I was hoping with Comcasts purchase of AT&TBB we might get a new station or two...

But no luck.

Maybe when I move and get Adelphia they will offer tech TV...

Ha_hA
Jun 10, 2003, 01:47 PM
I have Comcast and I get TechTV (and have for a few years now). I don't even have digital cable, it is part of the basic cable lineup here. :D

GeeYouEye
Jun 10, 2003, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by Glossybear
Seriously...
I was hoping with Comcasts purchase of AT&TBB we might get a new station or two...

But no luck.

Maybe when I move and get Adelphia they will offer tech TV...

I thought AT&T just changed that division's name to Comcast, a la SBC and Cingular.

tazo
Jun 10, 2003, 09:34 PM
wierd, comcast must be different on east and west coast, because i have TECHTV.

Steradian
Jun 11, 2003, 08:48 AM
I am happy with my Dish Network, I have all the Pat, Leo and the Gang as I need. Although I haven't watched the show in a few months (School, AIM) I remember a few times where Leo said things on the show that were totally wrong and I could do nothing but shake my head, so sad.

It's always good to have some free advertisement

pyrotoaster
Jun 11, 2003, 09:40 AM
Not just did Kevin mention Mac Rumors, but Leo showcased his favorite site for Cocoa developing (BTW, it was stepwise.com).

I get TSS on Dish network, and find the computer shows entertaining enough to sit through a bunch of Windows crap.

BTW, Leo also mentioned (and it's occassionally quite obvious, too) that he's a Mac person. On yesterday's (Tuesday's) ep, he was using an old Wallstreet-era Powerbook G3.

I think Jessica is going to talk about the 12" PB tonight. They mentioned she got one yesterday, and it sounded like she really likes it (whoo hoo for Apple!).

AppleMatt
Jun 11, 2003, 09:57 AM
:( I want tech TV, I watch articles on their website but even with broadband it gets jumpy.

AppleMatt

Jimong5
Jun 11, 2003, 10:05 AM
Timewarner carries Tech TV, but not on basic cable... THE MAKE YOU PAY $40 BUCKS MORE A MONTH FOR DIGITAL AND GIVE YOU 3934280092384 CHANNELS OF UTTER CRAP THAT YOU'D NEVER WANT OTHERWISE

Aoide
Jun 11, 2003, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by pyrotoaster
BTW, Leo also mentioned (and it's occassionally quite obvious, too) that he's a Mac person. On yesterday's (Tuesday's) ep, he was using an old Wallstreet-era Powerbook G3.

I think Jessica is going to talk about the 12" PB tonight. They mentioned she got one yesterday, and it sounded like she really likes it (whoo hoo for Apple!). [/B]

I watch this show a lot. Leo is definitely a Mac person. His iBook died so he is waiting (like everyone else... :) ) before he buys a new laptop.

I hope the segment goes well with Jessica today. They give her gadgets and let her play around with them for a week. They extended the powerbook to two weeks. She had never used a Mac before. Her comments yesterday did sound positive, so I hope her review today is just as positive.

solvs
Jun 11, 2003, 08:44 PM
Hey, I have Tech TV!

Just got Comcast Digital cable in Tacoma, WA. Haven't had a chance to search through all the channels yet. Cool, channel 294.

Still remember when we first got cable with MTV (back when they still played videos) and Nickelodean in the 80s.

Ah, memories.