PDA

View Full Version : I love my new iBook

zebell1
Jun 10, 2003, 10:19 AM
:cool: I have been working with pc's since win 95, my first one had win 95, it was ok, but I didn't know how to use it, many years later, I have built them, repaired them, junked them, and got headaches over them. I work tech. support for a small ISP in northern Indiana, all the trouble calls I get are with Windows machines, the only time I get to talk to our Mac customers is when there sign up, and even then it is short because I don't have to walk them through the setup, they know how. So I bought an iBook and have never been happier, this thing has great sound for such a small box, 12.1 ", 900 MHz, 640 MB Ram, 60 GB HD, Airport Card, Combo CDRW/DVD Drive, yes it is maxed out, the biggest Apple makes, I wanted somthing small and powerful and I got it, I love this thing, and it is so easy to use straight out of the box!, Thank You Apple!

anneleonard
Jun 11, 2003, 03:44 AM
Its good switching isn't it! I switched in March this year, and I would never look back. The iBooks are lovely, I'm hoping one day I get a job where I can have a laptop of my own- then I'd ask for an iBook! Its weird how it makes you look back on PCs in such a "why didn't I switch before?!" way. :)

rhpenguin
Jun 12, 2003, 04:25 PM
I just picked up my iBook a few weeks ago (seven days before they drop the price... bastards...) and I too am in a simular situation as you are. I am tech support at a small pc shop and after putting up with months and months of people calling me retarded I got my iBook anyway. I thought about the Powerbook but beat on my laptops too hard to get something with the aluminum...

But seriously, this platform rocks. I can use OS X with the best of them and before owning my book I had barely used them at all. So yeah... if i keep going its just gonna be pointless babble about how much the switch is a good thing and yeah. So im gonna draw the line here and stop! :P

w00t @ switching!

RHPeNgUiN

solvs
Jun 12, 2003, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by rhpenguin
I just picked up my iBook a few weeks ago (seven days before they drop the price... bastards...)

You know if there is a price change with-in a certain time period, you can be refunded the difference right? I though ti was 10 days, but I could be wrong.

Don't know if you're beyond the statute of limitations though.

alia
Jun 12, 2003, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by solvs
You know if there is a price change with-in a certain time period, you can be refunded the difference right? I though ti was 10 days, but I could be wrong.

Don't know if you're beyond the statute of limitations though.

You are right. Apple's policy is to refund the difference between what you paid and the new price if it's purchased within 10 days of the price change.

Alia

zebell1
Jun 13, 2003, 01:32 PM
kinda funny, now when I use a pc I expect it to crash, its like I'm waiting on it to, I was at a friends house with windows 98 and he was trying to copy a cd, so he did the usual stuff with nero and called me when it didn't work, after an hour of crashing I finally got it to work, made me want to use my iBook that much more when I got back home. I should have switched much sooner, my blood pressure would have dropped faster lol!

zebell1
Jun 13, 2003, 01:41 PM
The way I look at it if people can sue Cigarette makers for getting sick of them, then we should be able to sue Microsoft for our Blood pressure raising everytime that we eXPeriance a crash

sparkleytone
Jun 13, 2003, 10:17 PM
your story is similar to mine, right down to windows95 being on my first pc. now i find myself telling all my friends to switch to mac so i dont have to support their windows habits. i got the best iBook at the time and maxed it out too. but mines a 600 :/

Arkman_1411
Jun 16, 2003, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by zebell1
The way I look at it if people can sue Cigarette makers for getting sick of them, then we should be able to sue Microsoft for our Blood pressure raising everytime that we eXPeriance a crash

LOL thats funny I know what you mean

agreenster
Jun 16, 2003, 12:06 PM
Goshen, Huh??

Im from Fort Wayne! :)

zebell1
Dec 22, 2003, 06:38 PM
Yeah Goshen IN, 50 miles north of FT. Wayne