PDA

View Full Version : Beta testers for a project

Dagless
Mar 26, 2007, 08:30 PM
I'm after 1 or 2 more people to add to my army of 4 other Beta testers for a game I'm working on.
There are a few requirements-

1) A PC and/or bootcamp. The beta is tied to individual systems too, so not jumping from system to system! A good controller is recommended. I'm using an Xbox 360 wired controller to dev it, all 4 face buttons, the start button and 2 shoulder buttons are in use so you'd either need something similar or you can always use a keyboard.
2) A softspot to 2D games. This may be ported to the PSP or DS, unlikely for big screened consoles. so it's 2D. In the style of Super Metroid and co. Infact it plays more like an exploration game at the beginning so theres little combat. Very retro gameplay, RPG levelling up system. That sort of thing really.
3) Commitment. It's going to be a long project with updates coming out at irregular times. But you will be expected to play through, give comments on my forum etc.

The game itself is very much in its infancy, estimated release is late 2007 and is unpaid, but full term beta testers will get free copies of the game... if you're not sick of it by this stage :p

screenshots and other info on my site! (http://satansam.co.uk/tormishire)

sikkinixx
Mar 26, 2007, 08:57 PM
how much time are we talking and when do you start? I have another 3 weeks in my semester but then I am free. And I have quite the soft spot for 2D sprite-esc gaming.

Dagless
Mar 26, 2007, 09:38 PM
Well you can join whenever. Starting later might be a good idea actually. I encourage the current testers to occasionally start over to find bugs but it seems like they're getting fed up with the start! Yea. thats cool that, give us a shout when your free :)

SpankyPenzaanz
Mar 26, 2007, 09:42 PM
I'll pm you my email and we can discuss the details much further if you want otherwise I am interested

GFLPraxis
Mar 26, 2007, 09:45 PM
Aw man :(

I would love, love, LOVE to help. But I'm so time-strapped right now I'm not even keeping up with Nintendo Players adequately. Part-time IT job + student = suckage.

Nicolasdec
Mar 27, 2007, 07:04 AM
I whould love to help also, I use both mac and pcs.:) :) :) :) :)

Sky Blue
Mar 27, 2007, 08:37 AM
I'll help, I'm a Sys Admin so I have the time and resources...ha..and I love dem 2D games.

takao
Mar 27, 2007, 10:35 AM
damn having a portable power-pc mac kinda throws me out since i would have to use 2 different PCs between university and holidays

otherwise i would gladly help

Haoshiro
Mar 27, 2007, 10:42 AM
I'd definitely be up for it... but no Mac version, right? I'd hate to have to reboot into XP every time to test a new build...

Other then that I'm an ideal candidate... I work from home, use wired 360 controllers on my Mac, and love 2D games (also have a GBA SP and two DS Lites).

I'm also a programmer, and am very expereinced in debugging... have even made several home brew games myself, although mostly back in the days of DOS (I've only been a Mac user for a year). ;)

Feel free to PM me if you haven't filled all the spots.

darkwing
Mar 27, 2007, 10:55 AM
Aw man :(

I would love, love, LOVE to help. But I'm so time-strapped right now I'm not even keeping up with Nintendo Players adequately. Part-time IT job + student = suckage.

Quit your whining... I did full time work and full time school! I took 9 classes (1 independent, 4 online, 4 in class) one quarter to boot! :P

Jimmi, I'd volunteer but I've got to study for an exit exam in May that I didn't pass because of what I said in the previous paragraph. :P Plus I have this pesky full time job. :P

Jasonbot
Mar 27, 2007, 01:07 PM
You say its for xbox as well? or just the xbox controller on a PC?