PDA

View Full Version : The first part of my switch - Ipod

cwedl
Jun 10, 2003, 11:40 AM
As I have said before I will buy a powerbook in september just before I go to university. I wanted to buy an ipod as well. However I just couldn't wait!

Because the new ipod can be used on both a mac and a pc depending on how it has been formatted, I decided at the spare of the moment to order one, this was partly due to the fact that my creative muvo 64mb broke down.

Will the ipod be better than the creative muvo? (please don't answer this question It was a joke):p

Well after some time ( I ordered it on the 29/6/03 ( 6/29/03 - for my american friends). I couldn't believe I ordered it, I am going to be in serious debt by the end of this month lol.:D

When I get my powerbook how easy is it to reformat it to work on the mac?

I will keep you updated.

Veldek
Jun 10, 2003, 12:04 PM
AFAIK, the new iPods can be used on both Windows and Mac OS X without formatting. But even if this isn't true it will be quite simple to use it on your mac...

What I am also interested in, are you a time traveller? ;)

nagromme
Jun 19, 2003, 01:38 AM
I think you WILL need to reformat, but it shouldn't be hard. You'll lsoe the contents of your iPod, but keep your songs on your PC, transfer them to your Mac (Ethernet or CD/DVD), and iTunes will load your iPod back up for you.

What size PowerBook are you eyeing?

cwedl
Jun 19, 2003, 05:22 AM
nagromme

I will probably get a 12" powerbook but I am unsure if the screen will be ok, it will be my only computer for 3 years whilst I am at uni.

Thanks for the advice everybody, But It seems as if it was the equalisers, I changed it to loudness and the headphone are coping a lot better, I may invest some money and buy some better headphones but for the next 4 months or so, I will have to save all my money up for my mac!