PDA

View Full Version : X-Box Live down for maintanence tonight?

BengalDuck
Mar 27, 2007, 02:19 AM
I typed the stuff down below because I lost my connection to Live and I couldn't figure out how. Xbox.com is down, however, and I remember getting a message saying the system would be down. Is it tonight?

Help with XBox Live > Apple shared connection?

I have my airport express giving wireless internet to my powerbook. I have my 360 connected to an ethernet cord with my mac, and I have succesfully shared my internet through it's ethernet port. I can play X-Box Live just fine, sometimes even without lag and definitely while simultaneously using the internet.

However, tonight I was playing and mid-game my 360 told me I lost connection. And I cannot reconnect to X-Box Live. I ran the "test connection" and while network adapter is wired, ip address and dns are confirmed, something called "MTU" is not.

The "More Info" tab states that maybe my airport express is not correctly set up, although I'm not sure just how this could happen.

Markleshark
Mar 27, 2007, 02:48 AM
Yeah, the 27th. Forgot about it myself. Oh well.

Mackilroy
Mar 27, 2007, 11:10 AM
Yes, Xbox Live is going to be down for a while today.

jane doe
Mar 27, 2007, 11:31 AM
Its been up and down for me the last two days. I was downloading a movie sunday and it went down. Last night I was downloading a movie and it went down again.

Maybe microsoft doesn't like me downloading so much stuff. :)

SpankyPenzaanz
Mar 27, 2007, 07:33 PM
xbl is still down and its about 830pm on the east coast:confused:

jane doe
Mar 27, 2007, 07:36 PM
yeah its been down all day from what I can tell. I wonder what they are doing and if this is in response to the AppleTV

michaelltd
Mar 27, 2007, 07:51 PM
Are they updating their servers to get ready for the massive Halo 3 demo downloading? That's just around the corner, isn't it?

jane doe
Mar 27, 2007, 07:53 PM
Are they updating their servers to get ready for the massive Halo 3 demo downloading? That's just around the corner, isn't it?

Either that or to allow for more content to be downloaded. They said awhile back they were going to start a iptv service for xbox live.

SpankyPenzaanz
Mar 27, 2007, 08:10 PM
majornelson twitter page say about15-20min

edit its about 917pm east coast it up I am logged on am going live have fun people

Dead EditHer
Mar 27, 2007, 08:21 PM
I posted another thread about this last week, xbox said they were upgrading the servers as orignally scheduled, I wouldn't be surprised if they were priming up the servers for the Halo beta around the corner, might even see some all new, never before seen content in the Marketplace.

Suture
Mar 27, 2007, 09:30 PM
I was able to get online at around 9:30pm EST.

jane doe
Mar 27, 2007, 09:33 PM
I haven't tried yet. I'm planning on getting on in about 45 minutes or so. I'm sure since its up for you guys it'll be up for me.