PDA

View Full Version : The Quest for a Wii

lisius_kent
Mar 27, 2007, 01:57 PM
So I live in a fairly small town in Central Oregon. THERE ARE NO WII'S IN TOWN. Apparently every time some store gets 2 or 3 they are snapped up within 5 minutes if it opening. I am on a quest to get one. So I thought I'd drive to Portland Oregon tomorrow and look for one. Does anyone have any tips as to where I should look... or if I will find one at all.

ExoticFish
Mar 27, 2007, 02:08 PM
i got mine back in December and had to show up at Walmart at 4:15 in the morning to get one. but i'm quite surprised since a couple of my friends have got them recently and they both had to go and wait in line for stores to open. granted they only had to get there about 30 minutes before the store opened but still, all the Wii's are gone within minutes. it's definitely crazy that they are still in such high demand (well i mean why wouldn't you want one??). my recommendation is just to get up early one morning. usually all the big stores have them on sale on sunday.

SwiftLives
Mar 27, 2007, 02:44 PM
If you have a Target nearby, I'd recommend plugging your zipcode into this little program:

http://crayz.org/target_wii.php

I got mine at Circuit City this weekend. I got there at 9am. I was the last person in line (#11), and they received a shipment of 12.

The rumors on teh internets is that Toys R Us, Wal Mart, and Circuit City will have them this weekend, but in very small quantities. And on April 1st.

You're going to see more and more throughout April and May. It depends on how patient you are. Otherwise, you're going to have to suck it up and pay a 30-40% premium on ebay.

slu
Mar 27, 2007, 03:54 PM
I got mine at the local GameStop. I may have been lucky, but I called there around noon one day about a month a ago and they had a couple in stock. I just had the wife drive over and pick it up. This was a weekday, but I don't remember what day.

sam10685
Mar 27, 2007, 04:04 PM
I got mine at the local GameStop. I may have been lucky, but I called there around noon one day about a month a ago and they had a couple in stock. I just had the wife drive over and pick it up. This was a weekday, but I don't remember what day.

"the wife?" ok...

Nitromaster
Mar 27, 2007, 04:18 PM
are they seriously out of stock?,after more than 4 months

plenty here in ireland.

applekid
Mar 27, 2007, 04:19 PM
If you got time and are a slacker, you could just hang out at random stores until they announce they have them in stock on the intercom. :)

During winter break, I went to Best Buy and Target pretty often whenever I didn't have work in hopes of finding a Wii or at least accessories. Eventually, my friend and I made a trip to Best Buy because he needed something from there, and they announced they just received a fresh shipment they were ready to sell. I made sure I was first in line ;)

I'm surprised by the shortage. By now, I was expecting to see Wii's chilling on store shelves. Guess not. In fact, if I hadn't gotten mine during the winter, I was planning on going shop around now.

ddrueckhammer
Mar 27, 2007, 05:55 PM
If you keep an eye out on various forum on the internet you can find out what stores will have them. If a store advertises them, they have to have some. This is how I got mine.

The second week they were out, Best Buy advertised them in their flyer and I got there at 5 Am for a 9 Am opening. I was third in line and there were 28 which were all taken by 8....I would think that if you get there an hour or two before a store opens that you know will be selling them you should be able to get one still...

According to this Walmart might have Wiis in there circular for April 1st, so get there early in the morning (7:00 at the latest) and you should be able to get one. (If they really have them...)

http://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/2007/03/27/rumor-wal-mart-holding-wiis-for-april-1st/