PDA

View Full Version : Take2 going on sale.. who is going to buy ?

takao
Mar 27, 2007, 02:47 PM
http://www.mcvuk.com/news/26268/Take-2-Board-No-alternative-to-sale

looks like after all the struggeling Take 2 is finally over financially and will go "for sale" very likely
and now i wonder who is going to buy them ? EA ? Ubisoft ? one of the big 3 console fish ? or a japanese developer ?

after all the intelectual property which is up is quite massive same with the developers
Rockstar games with it's GTA
irrational games with bioshock
firaxis with it's sid meier games
2k sports games

etc.
gonna be interesting who gonna get all those stuff .. i guess GTA gonna be quite worth a fight for a few potential buyers

that said it's kinda ironic that rockstar wants to release a trailer etc. info on GTA 4 on the 29.3 with the message "Things will be different"
kinda prophetic nearly ;)

Suture
Mar 27, 2007, 02:52 PM
I'm guessing GTA4 is online? I don't know, I couldn't get into the series so I haven't been keeping up with it.

There's a lot of baggage to assume when picking up that company, but I wouldn't be surprised to see someone buy them and break it up.

Sky Blue
Mar 27, 2007, 03:05 PM
This news is old ..but if MS but TTwo I will kill some one.

BoyBach
Mar 27, 2007, 03:10 PM
With EA and Sony tightening their belts and the doldrums that is the current state of Japanese development houses, I'd guess that Microsoft are probably the only games company who could afford them right now.

takao
Mar 27, 2007, 03:15 PM
This news is old ..but if MS but TTwo I will kill some one.

well that's why i said "after all the struggeling" ;)

BoyBach
Mar 27, 2007, 03:24 PM
After a bit more thought, wouldn't the Take Two franchises make it ripe for a private equity group take-over?

zap2
Mar 27, 2007, 03:26 PM
If MS buy this...Sony is screwed, and if Sony buys this MS is screwed.

Either way, who ever gets it is going to win BIG. But sadly I can't see Nintedo buying them, so no GTA unless someone else buys them(not a hardware maker) then they have a chance.

Who ever buy this is going to move some units thats for sure.

furcalchick
Mar 27, 2007, 03:29 PM
i hope ea buys the 2k sports franchise so we can get our mvp baseball back!!! in the meantime, those on the pc can go to mvpmods.com for a mvp 2007 conversion mod (shameless plug).

if ms buys it up, 2k sports will likely be xbox and vista only...i hope they make it xp capable (yes, i still use windows, but on my pc that has a better graphics card).

davidwes
Mar 27, 2007, 03:30 PM
This is really sad because they announced a new football game, and they have had the best football game in years (NFL 2k5).

Sky Blue
Mar 27, 2007, 03:53 PM
Take Two have a lot of crap in their catalog, whether they'd be interested in selling off certain franchises piece by peice...I can see EA buying the 2k sports just to get a competitor off the market.

Counterfit
Mar 27, 2007, 05:00 PM
If EA buys 2k sports, there will never be another decent sports game again.

ddrueckhammer
Mar 27, 2007, 05:49 PM
If MS buy this...Sony is screwed, and if Sony buys this MS is screwed.

Either way, who ever gets it is going to win BIG. But sadly I can't see Nintedo buying them, so no GTA unless someone else buys them(not a hardware maker) then they have a chance.

Who ever buy this is going to move some units thats for sure.

I can't see Big N buying them but it would be funny if they did. Even with GTA as an exclusive people would still call Nintendo kiddy...

michaelltd
Mar 27, 2007, 06:40 PM
What upsets me is that I feel like Jack Thompson may start bragging that he succeeded.

Anyways, between Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo, my guess will be Microsoft will buy them.

Can't explain, but I don't see Nintendo getting them. I also think Sony isn't in a position to afford to beat out Microsoft.

Mooey
Mar 27, 2007, 09:27 PM
Ninty should buy them a blow everyone out of the water whoever thought they were kiddy - MARIO MEETS GTA. Super GTA World ******! Where's my glock?

furcalchick
Mar 28, 2007, 01:55 PM

mvp was decent, compared to the other sports games on the market. from what i hear, mlb 2k7 and mlb 07 are disasters. 989 usually sucks though, their games tend to be glitchy, at least for sports.

zero2dash
Mar 28, 2007, 02:13 PM

Damn straight!!! :eek: :(

mvp was decent, compared to the other sports games on the market. from what i hear, mlb 2k7 and mlb 07 are disasters. 989 usually sucks though, their games tend to be glitchy, at least for sports.

I'll pick up 2k7 myself; it's good from what I've played (360 demo).

Jovian9
Mar 28, 2007, 02:39 PM

Yep. It will be the end of any chance at ever having a great simulation sports game again.