Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

willybNL

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Would be nice to have something like a wish-list or 'innovative-idea's' forum here... so you could post things like this:

===
Addressbook Update

In such a way I could just 'drop adresses' in Apple style...

Like in many mails there is something like (just in the text)

Name
Company
Adress
Postalcode
Phone
And it would be just perfect if you would be able to let the address-book discover for itself what is what.
Maybe by automatically tagging and then letting users correct this or so.

But just the create and edit button like it is now is more for non-creative software... not really inventive Apple software :).

====

The advantage of publishing this in the open is that also open-source developers could create the plug-in, if apple doesn't pick it up in their suggestion system.

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
I am with you on this and and it's a great idea.

same, Geat idea:)

Which idea - the wish list forum or the Address Book idea? ;)

As for the wish list forum, it's an interesting idea, I suppose, as long as we could weed out all the crap "wishes" about 16-core MBPs and such. But I think we've already covered this ability in the Software and Hardware forums - I'm not certain we'd have enough "innovative" ideas to form a separate forum.

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
If you have new ideas for Mac OS X features, you can post them in the Mac OS X forum.

If you have a new idea for an existing application, or an idea for a new application, you can post in the Mac Applications forum.

That's what I do each time I have another brilliant idea. :)

wmmk

macrumors 68020
Mar 28, 2006
The Library.
If you have new ideas for Mac OS X features, you can post them in the Mac OS X forum.

If you have a new idea for an existing application, or an idea for a new application, you can post in the Mac Applications forum.

yes, but with all of your brilliant (mathematical:D) ideas, shouldn't we have a whole new forum? maybe even a whole new site.

nobody currently owns http://doctorqsbrilliantideas.com/;)

Last edited by a moderator:

willybNL

macrumors 6502
Original poster

And tell me... did any get true? Probably not... but with a seperate forum, with good rules applied to it like no repeating wishes, and only wishes with full description coverd or so... that would make it possible to get it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.