Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Martin C

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 5, 2006
New York City
I was at a Yankees game last summer and I was sitting over by the photographers. I saw that once they had taken a shot, the picture once instantly loaded onto their laptop via a USB cable I believe.

I sort of feel like this is a noob question, but how is this done? Everytime I connect my D40 to my iMac, it goes into 'Connecting to PC' mode. Is their Mac solution for this (I'm getting a MBP with Leopard this summer)?

Lovesong

macrumors 65816
I'm not sure about Nikon, but my 5D has that option. It's done through one of the pieces of software that comes with it (called EOS capture utility). It allows you to change shutter speed, aperture, WB, exposure, format, and then, when you take the picture, it dumps it on the HD.
Check the software that came with you D40, it might have something equivalent.

EDIT: and, oh yeah, this is on my MBP

beavo451

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2006
Yes you can do it. You need the camera control software from Nikon. The NX version must be bought seperately. The old Capture 4.4 included the camera control software, but I doubt it will work with a D40.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.