Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeeOwl

macrumors member
Original poster
May 31, 2003
Sherbrooke, QC, Canada.
Just saw this on MacBidouille:
http://www.macbidouille.com/niouzcontenu.php?date=2003-06-10#5762

Here's the same in English:
"We have, once again, recieved an eMail from Apple's lawyers requesting that we pull certain news items published on the site.

The message was fairly vague on exactly what news should be pulled, so we complied on the items which we felt were being targeted. Don't bother asking us which ones, since we aren't supposed to talk about it (thank-you for not asking us by eMail, we will not reply!!).

We did it, not out of fear, but by desire to co-operate.

It's not so much the request that annoyed me, as the manner in which it was made.

Last night, at 1 AM [4 PM California Time], all of Ewok's phones rang, even his cellphone, to transmit a Fax. The message Faxed to us was also sent by eMail.

Our critics will say that we deserved this, since we published rumours. We would tell them that Apple never asked us not to publish any! This may seem strange, but we have on several occasions told Apple employees that if Cupertino asks us (by a means other than though a lawyer), we will stop publishing rumours.

OK, I won't venture any further into this one-sided debate.

Lionel"

Here's a rather strange turn of events. :confused: What took them (Apple's lawyers) so long to react? I mean, for the past week, MacBidouille has just been relaying, in French, what had already been published on other sites. They posted all the really sensitive news-worthy rumours several weeks ago.

The only logical explanation I can think for this, is that SJ is worried, or is certain, that the 970 PowerMacs won't be ready for WWDC after all. The rumours were good for Apple until then, because it kept them in the public's eye. But now it would be bad, as everyone will only be more dissapointed.... Maybe he's trying to prevent a riot?...

Freg3000

macrumors 68000
Sep 22, 2002
New York
It is odd that it took Apple so long, and that AI still has there info. But in general, I do feel more confident that MacB has taken the story down at the request of Apple.

astray

macrumors member
May 9, 2003
uk
Anyone know what story was pulled, the Macbidouille site still has rumours of G5's etc.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Apple Legal on the Move

MacBidouille is the latest site which has been approached by Apple Legal to remove certain information on their website.

English Translation by ZeeOwl:

We have, once again, recieved an eMail from Apple's lawyers requesting that we pull certain news items published on the site.

The message was fairly vague on exactly what news should be pulled, so we complied on the items which we felt were being targeted. Don't bother asking us which ones, since we aren't supposed to talk about it (thank-you for not asking us by eMail, we will not reply!!).

OS News and MacRumors also had articles removed per the request of Apple Legal.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
I will ask users not to comment on the information removed as it puts this site at risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.