PDA

View Full Version : ATV OS Idea

Metatron
Mar 27, 2007, 09:33 PM
So we have this really small version of OS X. I can't help but think it would be great if someone would put finder.app on it, patch it for any computer, mac or PC, load it on a thumb drive, and then we would have a small, but functional version of OS X in our pockets. Add safari or firefox...whola.

Thoughts...

iMacZealot
Mar 27, 2007, 09:37 PM
Go ahead...try it...but I'm not sure how easy that would be. I would think the Apple TV OS would be tamper-proof (or close to it).

crazzyeddie
Mar 27, 2007, 10:40 PM
Go ahead...try it...but I'm not sure how easy that would be. I would think the Apple TV OS would be tamper-proof (or close to it).

Huh? They've already hacked the OS to add functionality, play WoW, enable SSH, etc... Its not even that difficult, its the same basic OS X framework. Theres nothing there to stop modification as far as anyone has seen.

iMacZealot
Mar 27, 2007, 10:46 PM
Oops...I guess that's what I get for reading only the RSS preview. :rolleyes:

Metatron
Mar 27, 2007, 11:23 PM
Well I am not a no good at modifying OS X, but I wish I knew someone in the forums who could....

Anyone?!?!

pilotError
Mar 28, 2007, 08:52 AM
I was under the impression that backrow (the apple tv interface) was in the finder.app location. I'm not sure if that means anything though...

princealfie
Mar 28, 2007, 09:25 AM
anyone getting ATV OS working on a PC motherboard?