Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Metatron

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 2, 2002
So we have this really small version of OS X. I can't help but think it would be great if someone would put finder.app on it, patch it for any computer, mac or PC, load it on a thumb drive, and then we would have a small, but functional version of OS X in our pockets. Add safari or firefox...whola.

Thoughts...

iMacZealot

macrumors 68020
Mar 11, 2005
Go ahead...try it...but I'm not sure how easy that would be. I would think the Apple TV OS would be tamper-proof (or close to it).

crazzyeddie

macrumors 68030
Dec 7, 2002
Florida, USA
Go ahead...try it...but I'm not sure how easy that would be. I would think the Apple TV OS would be tamper-proof (or close to it).

Huh? They've already hacked the OS to add functionality, play WoW, enable SSH, etc... Its not even that difficult, its the same basic OS X framework. Theres nothing there to stop modification as far as anyone has seen.

Metatron

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 2, 2002
Well I am not a no good at modifying OS X, but I wish I knew someone in the forums who could....

Anyone?!?!

pilotError

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2006
Long Island
I was under the impression that backrow (the apple tv interface) was in the finder.app location. I'm not sure if that means anything though...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.