PDA

View Full Version : Guns for Gaming

Jasonbot
Mar 28, 2007, 08:24 AM
The mexican governments new Guns for Games Policy is one in which you can trade a light weapon for an xbox console and a "heavier" weapon in for a PC! Wow!

Check teh link (http://www.engadget.com/2007/03/28/mexican-government-swapping-xbox-pc-for-gangs-weaponry/#comments)

Raid
Mar 28, 2007, 10:05 AM
The mexican governments new Guns for Games Policy is one in which you can trade a light weapon for an xbox console and a "heavier" weapon in for a PC! Wow!

Check teh link (http://www.engadget.com/2007/03/28/mexican-government-swapping-xbox-pc-for-gangs-weaponry/#comments) Well if gets guns off the streets I think it's a good idea.

Remember kids, keep your fraging activities confined to the console or PC, it's much better for everyone in the long run. ;)

Counterfit
Mar 28, 2007, 12:07 PM
If I turn this (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paris_Gun) in, will I get a cluster?

Sdashiki
Mar 28, 2007, 12:10 PM
Not to belittle this charitable offer...

but a gun, at least in the USA, is hundreds of dollars.

whenever I saw those after school specials about bringing in guns for a meal ticket, or a cd player or w/e, I would just laugh my butt off.

personally, I hate guns, but I would understand if John Q Rifle didnt want to trade his $800 gun for an XBOX.

mattscott306
Mar 28, 2007, 12:16 PM
If I turn this (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paris_Gun) in, will I get a cluster?

If you have one of those lying around, and you wanna trade, I'll buy you a loaded Mac Pro.

Jasonbot
Mar 28, 2007, 12:33 PM
If you have one of those lying around, and you wanna trade, I'll buy you a loaded Mac Pro.

Now where would you put that...

Raid
Mar 28, 2007, 01:10 PM
personally, I hate guns, but I would understand if John Q Rifle didnt want to trade his $800 gun for an XBOX. I don't think these programs are targeting your average Joe.. (or is it Juan? :D ), it's more like they are looking to get guns away from teens/youth who may see an Xbox as a big incentive to get rid of thier weapons.

Now where would you put that... Anywhere he want's to... provided he lays down the railway track to get it there! :)

Jasonbot
Mar 28, 2007, 01:14 PM
I don't think these programs are targeting your average Joe.. (or is it Juan? :D ), it's more like they are looking to get guns away from teens/youth who may see an Xbox as a big incentive to get rid of thier weapons.

I wonder if their giving away the 360 or just the normal ones, those pictures looked hella dodgy! But yes, Juan should rather frag on a console instead:p

mattscott306
Mar 28, 2007, 01:27 PM
Now where would you put that...

Umm... well.... getting it over here from Germany would be kind of a pain, but I'd figure out a way. When it's here, It's going in my backyard. :D

Pac a Mac
Mar 28, 2007, 02:26 PM
Not sure this will actually reform the gits who actually shoot people. You will probably end up with a huge vermin problem reduced agricultural output and thousands of aged farmers in romper pants and vaguely amusing t-shirts:) (or is that the PS3 crowd?)

killr_b
Mar 28, 2007, 04:21 PM
I wouldn't trade my guns for a Ferrari, much less a game system.

For all the reasons guns are important for citizens to have, nothing is worth the trade.

juanster
Mar 28, 2007, 04:24 PM
hmm i love my 9mm S&W.. OH WAIT guns for gaaaaaames???...lol i kid

Raid
Mar 29, 2007, 11:04 AM
I wouldn't trade my guns for a Ferrari, much less a game system.

For all the reasons guns are important for citizens to have, nothing is worth the trade. Well this program is "...a presumably last ditch effort to curb gunfighting" in Mexico so I'm sure responsible gun owners are not the targets of this program. Just as I'm sure it's not important for citizens to go to another neighbourhood and shoot one another. :cool:

Lord Blackadder
Mar 29, 2007, 12:12 PM
personally, I hate guns, but I would understand if John Q Rifle didnt want to trade his $800 gun for an XBOX.

But it may serve to get some the cheapo revolvers most often used in crime off the streets - especially if the weapon was stolen in the first place (it's not like you're losing money if you didn't buy the weapon in the first place).

LethalWolfe
Mar 29, 2007, 02:52 PM
But it may serve to get some the cheapo revolvers most often used in crime off the streets - especially if the weapon was stolen in the first place (it's not like you're losing money if you didn't buy the weapon in the first place).

Exactly. You illegally acquire an inexpensive hand gun, trade it for an Xbox, then go back and illegally acquire another inexpensive hand gun. It's a win/win situation. :D

Lethal