PDA

View Full Version : more xcode and objective c tutorials

schmintan
Mar 28, 2007, 09:08 AM
ive done the currency converter example in xcode and objective c, but to get started on my own stuff i need to find a few more tutorials to help me get a more firm footing in the area. has anyone any links they can recommend?

kpua
Mar 29, 2007, 12:16 PM
Check out cocoadevcentral.com or even better, get a book, or rather "the" book - "Cocoa Programming for Mac OS X" by Aaron Hillegass. There's also a useful sticky in this forum to refer to.

Aniej
Mar 31, 2007, 09:54 PM
Is Cocoa exclusively for creating stand alone applications that you download or is it also used for other programming such as creating a web based application? If it is used for creating applications other than those I listed here please list them also.

freiheit
Apr 2, 2007, 12:31 AM
Cocoa is an application framework specific to MacOS X (like how .Net is a framework specific to Windows, etc.). Therefore Cocoa is only for applications running on a Mac desktop. I think there are similar web-based techs (Apple's WebObjects) and of course Java, etc.

macfreek57
Apr 2, 2007, 10:45 PM
I realize that this may not be all that helpful of a post, but XCode also has a decent code editor that understands a variety of different types of code syntax and can be used on text files independent of an entire project. I use it a lot to create my java command line programs for class (I just create a new file, not a new project, and compile it in Terminal). Of course TextMate is probably better suited for that, but not enough for me to fork out the cash.