Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vidiot

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 4, 2006
Hello,

I know that there will be a Funal Cut Studio Update at NAB, (which i use) just wondering if Final Cut Express will also be updated at the same time??

Thanks,
Mike m.

Multimedia

macrumors 603
Jul 27, 2001
Santa Cruz CA, Silicon Beach
Final Cut Express Will Only Go To 5.1UB Lite Anyway

I know that there will be a Funal Cut Studio Update at NAB, (which i use) just wondering if Final Cut Express will also be updated at the same time??
It's a definite maybe. :eek: Apple sometimes says at the same time and other times they have delayed the FCE update a few months. Since everyting forward will be Leopard dependent for maximum performance, I wouldn't worry about it until after Leopard ships anyway. Keep in mind though that Final Cut Express is always ONE VERSION BEHIND whatever Final Cut Studio is doing. So when FCE gets updated, it'll likely be to a FCS 5.1UB lite rather than a FCS 6 lite. To get state of the art you gotta pay the big bucks.

The above is all just speculation on my part based on the historical pattern Apple has followed in the past regarding FCE. It could be different this time due to the parallel release of Leopard, Core Animation, Core Video etc. So I'm not predicting anything. Just providing some historical perspective. :)

But the fact that the Buy-A-Mac-Get-FCE-For-$99 offer expired yesterday, it's likely to happen sooner than later — My Guess.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.