PDA

View Full Version : Ninja Gaiden DS announced!

GFLPraxis
Mar 28, 2007, 04:38 PM
http://www.nintendoplayers.com/article.php?articleID=788

The game is titled Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword and, according to IGN, is 3D and fully stylus-controlled.

Dagless
Mar 28, 2007, 05:15 PM
Wow, so we're seeing a Ninja Gaiden game because "they chose to go with the Nintendo DS over the PSP specifically because of the stylus". Cool as. I really enjoyed the difficulty of Ninja Gaiden, from all systems I suppose! Picked it up for the NES not so long ago and the Xbox version. Sounds like something to look forward to.

pcypert
Mar 28, 2007, 08:38 PM
sounds interesting, but full stylus control for me could get a bit annoying. I'll wait till it arrives and I've played before I get too excited. I don't like always having to use my stylus. I'm frequently playing on crammed trains and the like so holding the DS loosely in one hand and trying to grip that tiny stylus in the other isn't too fun. But bouncing Ryu around with a touch of the screen could be fun...but almost seems to easy...

Paul

sb58
Mar 28, 2007, 09:01 PM
sounds... difficult. even more so than the console versions XD

BurtonCCC
Mar 29, 2007, 01:24 AM
I'm excited, but the stylus control sounds like a bad idea. I hope you can specify stylus or button control.

Daniel.

TheGimp
Mar 29, 2007, 06:53 AM
I'd rather see an open ended 2D version that utilizes both screens, like Yoshi's Island, and has many moves and animation frames. If the stylus is mandatory then I think I'll pass on this one.

mkrishnan
Mar 29, 2007, 07:52 AM
I'd rather see an open ended 2D version that utilizes both screens, like Yoshi's Island, and has many moves and animation frames. If the stylus is mandatory then I think I'll pass on this one.

Mmmm, I kind of agree. But I was... what... about 13 the last time I played Ninja Gaiden? I'm very interested. Hopefully continues the saga of fun cut screens and storyline.

Ja Di ksw
Mar 29, 2007, 08:55 AM
The original Ninja Gaiden was amazing. I even liked the sequels a lot too. To be honest, though, I lost some interest in it when it started going 3D. There's a lot to be said for 2D, don't give up on it developers!