PDA

View Full Version : iMac G4 Screen

rollercoasternd
Mar 28, 2007, 05:43 PM
Hello,
I am planning on doing a little Mod job its only in the planing stages at this point so I'm not about to tackle it just yet, I'm trying to acquire all the parts I need, so here is the deal; I am gutting an iMac G4, hopefully a 20" if I can find a dead one or a 17" (any body looking to get rid of a dead one please let me know) I have read in a forum somewhere that someone was attempting to put an Intel MacMini inside of the G4 which is what I will be doing. I know that the image processor for the LCD is built into the logic board which is going to be gutted out so I will be putting a new LCD inside the existing LCD's shell, I was wondering if anyone had any information or tips on how to gut out the LCD. I have already found resources for gutting the actual computer parts so thats not an issue, I hope to put a generic 20" (or 17" if I must) into the existing shell, will another LCD fit inside? The G4's LCD looks thiner than most LCD so I'm not sure if it will fit, also how easy is it to dismantle the screen with out damaging the bezel and other cosmetic features. I plan to have this thing completely invisible to the eye. Anyways thanks for any help in advance.

~Shane