PDA

View Full Version : My wedding

Gus
Jun 11, 2003, 12:56 AM
If anyone cares to know, I am getting married in 4 days. Not only is my iBook providing all of the sound for the wedding and the reception, but my future wife is a switcher. :)

When we met she had a Dell desktop, but after watching me on my PowerBook, she switched in the first month we were dating. I love it! (And her, too!)

Regards,
Gus

P-Worm
Jun 11, 2003, 01:29 AM
Do you need someone to make the wedding video? :D

Oh, and congratulations.

P-Worm

Wardofsky
Jun 11, 2003, 03:26 AM
Originally posted by Gus
...but my future wife is a switcher. :)

Love at first switch.
Anyways, congratulations.

anneleonard
Jun 11, 2003, 03:59 AM
wow congrats man. i switched after seeing my boyfriend's iBook, now I have a 17" FP iMac and he's jealous! He loves the fact that I'm a switcher too, tehe.

jefhatfield
Jun 11, 2003, 05:24 AM
congrats

this thread should be in the switchers section...it's a great story...especially since she changed over from dell;)

MrMacMan
Jun 11, 2003, 06:09 AM
Congrads man. :)

big
Jun 11, 2003, 06:32 AM
>...but my future wife is a switcher

congrats, I guess on the whole geting married part too, but more so, finding someone who willl use our computers

medea
Jun 11, 2003, 08:24 AM
congrats and good luck with your honeymoon. if you take one that is.

mactastic
Jun 11, 2003, 09:46 AM
Congratulations! Hope the day goes smoothly and as stress-free as possible.

When I met my wife she was still using an electric typewriter to write her papers. Since she met me she's become a mac fan as well, even though the school she teaches at now makes her use a PC. (with windows 98 no less - how cruel)

Enjoy your wedding:D

scem0
Jun 11, 2003, 03:40 PM
I'm getting married too! No, not really... There aren't many 16 year olds getting married nowdays http://www.my-smileys.de/1_2.gif.

I actually am very familiar with weddings and how they work, beeing the son and employee of a man who throws weddings (90% of which are wedding ceremonies). Congrats on your wedding. I know you have already arranged everything with your caterer, but I hope you didn't get all vegan food and no alcoholic beverages, because despite alcohol's negative connotation, it can have a very positive effect on social gatherings.

And as for vegan food... let's just say it doesn't satisfy everyone's homeostatic needs. :)

http://www.my-smileys.de/signs/77430bbce83afc89881430e177cabb9b.png

jelloshotsrule
Jun 11, 2003, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by scem0
I know you have already arranged everything with your caterer, but I hope you didn't get all vegan food and no alcoholic beverages, because despite alcohol's negative connotation, it can have a very positive effect on social gatherings.

And as for vegan food... let's just say it doesn't satisfy everyone's homeostatic needs. :)
.png[/img]

where did you get the idea he was planning either of those things?

Gus
Jun 11, 2003, 05:02 PM
Thanks for all of the well-wishes! Yeah, she has become something of an Apple freak, actually. She has an iPod and even used my old Newton for a while.

If you see a huskerflute posting around these boards, that's her. And yes, we are going on a honeymoon, even if it is a short and cheap one. Hey, at least we'll get to stop at an Apple Store or two on the trip.

Regards,
Gus

wdlove
Jun 11, 2003, 07:08 PM
Congratulations Gus on your upcoming wedding. Sounds like you found a great girl, must have been love at first site. Her early switch indicates that love. It's great to hear from a Cronhusker. Are you a native of Nebraska?

funkywhat2
Jun 11, 2003, 09:16 PM
YAY! WEDDING!!

I always cry at weddings...*sniff*

Congradulations. Quick question...is the wedding party going to be allowed to throw rice? I heard that's not allowed in many areas now.

Gus
Jun 11, 2003, 10:00 PM
I am a native of Nebraska in the sense that I was born here, but I was raised in TN, and then lived in NC, OR and then back in Nebraska.

No, we're not going to throw rice-seems that has a nasty habit of killing birds, so instead we're throwing birdseed.

And yes, she is a great girl. She has to be to put up with a lug like me. I'll post some pictures of the wedding after it's over.

Regards,
Gus

Doctor Q
Jun 12, 2003, 02:35 PM
Congratulations, Gus and huskerflute! (Will it say that on your wedding cake?)

It's good that you got those religious differences settled before Saturday. Mixed religion couples can do fine, but if you both worship at the Church of Jobs, things will be that much better! I just hope there aren't traditionalists in her family who are upset about her "conversion". Or maybe they'll convert too!

wdlove
Jun 12, 2003, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Gus
I am a native of Nebraska in the sense that I was born here, but I was raised in TN, and then lived in NC, OR and then back in Nebraska.

No, we're not going to throw rice-seems that has a nasty habit of killing birds, so instead we're throwing birdseed.

And yes, she is a great girl. She has to be to put up with a lug like me. I'll post some pictures of the wedding after it's over.

Regards,
Gus

It was at wedding that I attended in Nebraska that I first learned of the practice of not using the rice. I believe that she used bird seed also. The birds thank you!

I'm sure that you are both very special young people!

scem0
Jun 12, 2003, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by jelloshotsrule
where did you get the idea he was planning either of those things?

nowhere. I was just saying I hope that he doesn't do that, because temperance and veganism don't appeal to the average crowd of partiers ;).

http://www.my-smileys.de/signs/77430bbce83afc89881430e177cabb9b.png

britboy
Jun 12, 2003, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by scem0
nowhere. I was just saying I hope that he doesn't do that, because temperance and veganism don't appeal to the average crowd of partiers ;).

I wouldn't be so sure about that. At my wedding last december we had absolutely no alchohol. My wife, virtually all the guests and I all found it improved the general atmosphere, and didn't stop anyone having more fun than they otherwise might have done. Mind you, we didn't have vegan food ;)

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding Gus. I really hope you and your (soon to be) wife enjoy the day, and your lives together.