PDA

View Full Version : Resident Evil 4 wii edition

mouchoir
Mar 29, 2007, 12:00 PM
gonintendo.com have been sent iin a report of a wii edition of RE4 shipping 25/6/07 for $29.99...

Oh let this be true!

Sky Blue
Mar 29, 2007, 12:07 PM
Unfortunately, it was posted on the GameStop (lol) website, they like to make stuff up. Capcom have some gamers day thing in April so hopefully, they'll announce this then.

PS2 extras + remote aiming = me buy again

Gamestop has taken the page down now. Mistake or leak? Time will tell...

Rivix
Mar 29, 2007, 03:37 PM
Hey, GameStop has leaked some games out before.

I would buy it again. If i remember, the GameCube version didnt support progressive scan. I wonder if they would put in the time to tweak the graphics...

sb58
Mar 29, 2007, 03:48 PM
oh nice :D
i never bought it the first time and the Wii controller will make it seem more like an arcade game :D sweet.

zap2
Mar 29, 2007, 03:51 PM
I'd buy it...Wii Make say Reggie would call it.

I have the NGC one, but I never finished it, but from what I've play its a good game.

ninewhereman
Mar 29, 2007, 04:20 PM
Played the original on NGC a little bit. Definitely would consider picking this up. Just hope that they did something to step the graphics up a bit. They were good before, love to see what the Wii could do with them.

fiercetiger224
Mar 29, 2007, 08:09 PM
Hey, GameStop has leaked some games out before.

I would buy it again. If i remember, the GameCube version didnt support progressive scan. I wonder if they would put in the time to tweak the graphics...

The GameCube version did support progressive scan, but not 16:9 ratio aspect. I hope they add that in, and add in all the extras that were in the PS2 version, plus a little more? :D

EM87
Mar 29, 2007, 09:24 PM
We shall see on April 12 if this is true.

pcypert
Mar 30, 2007, 03:14 AM
Stop the presses....you mean the Wii is getting something from Cube or PS2 with slightly updated graphics and motion control???? :eek:

End Sarcasm.

I thought gameplay was paramount guys. Why not save the money and get the cube version ;) . I know, I know...more levels right? :)

Paul

Sky Blue
Mar 30, 2007, 06:35 AM
Blockbuster is listing this too.

Dunepilot
Mar 30, 2007, 07:00 AM
The Gamecube version of this was superb. After I completed it, there was also an excellent game you could unlock which was a kind of race-against-time to kill as many zombies as you could without getting offed yourself. I may even consider rebuying this to play with a Wiimote.

Dagless
Mar 30, 2007, 07:06 AM
I saw Caroline playing the GC version a while back, looked quite good. But hell if a Wii version is coming out with true Widescreen support then I'd pick that up in a flash! I sort of put off buying Cube games over a year ago since my LCD monitor made them look crap.

bowens
Mar 30, 2007, 07:15 AM
Why not save the money and get the cube version ;) . I know, I know...more levels right? :)

Paul

I would be saving money by getting the Wii version. I've heard this was an excellent game so I will probably pick it up. I have looked at buying the gamecube version before but when I add up $20 for the game, $15 for a controller, $20 for a memory card, it starts to get expensive.

Dunepilot
Mar 30, 2007, 08:46 AM
I saw Caroline playing the GC version a while back, looked quite good. But hell if a Wii version is coming out with true Widescreen support then I'd pick that up in a flash! I sort of put off buying Cube games over a year ago since my LCD monitor made them look crap.

Jimmi, I was in GAME during my lunchbreak today, trying to convince myself that I don't need Godfather Blackhand Edition, and I saw that they have a secondhand copy of some sort of promotional compilation of earlier Zelda games for Gamecube , including OoT and three earlier games. I remembered that recently you were looking for something similar for your missus. It was 20. Let me know if you want me to pick it up for you.

Dagless
Mar 30, 2007, 08:54 AM
It's alright Dunepilot, that's all sorted now! Thanks anyroad :)

2nyRiggz
Mar 30, 2007, 09:30 AM
If this game is going for a retail price of 15 bucks then sure but if its for full range they can keep it....I flipped it twice for the cube and the wii remote does not justify a purchase.

Bless

Sky Blue
Apr 4, 2007, 06:20 AM
PS2 extras + waggle.

Dagless
Apr 4, 2007, 06:39 AM
PS2 extras + waggle.

Yea saw this on Neogaf earlier. Can't wait! An already (apparently) great game gets the added immersion of the Wii controller. Nice move Capcom.

xli_ne
Apr 4, 2007, 09:37 AM
April 4, 2007 - If you were expecting a full Resident Evil style adventure game in Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles for the Wii, you'd better sit down for this one. The latest issue of Famitsu has a first look at the game following the teaser look provided last September in the build up to the Tokyo Game Show. Surprisingly, Capcom has opted to make a gun shooting game rather than a survival horror adventure.

Umbrella Chronicles takes place from the first person as your characters move through a fully 3D mansion. Using the Wiimote, you take aim at enemies and fire away. You have control over your path only at the occasional branch points in the stages. Everywhere else, you're on a fixed path, although you are free to look around. Doing so is apparently the key to discovering secret items.

Outside of the first person shooting, the game will bring back the command-based event sequences of Resident Evil 4. During these sequences, you'll get to see the main characters directly face off against attacking zombies.

Umbrella Chronicles brings the original Resident Evil hero and heroine back into the spotlight. That's right, Chris Redfield and Jill Valentine play prominent roles this time around. Famitsu hints that they'll be adventuring together, although we're not sure if this means we can expect multiplayer support. The two S.T.A.R.S. members will be joined by some other recognizable characters, including Albert Wesker, Rebecca Chambers and Billy Coen.

The game's storyline looks like it will fit the name "Chronicles." You can expect to be filled in on the details behind everything from RE0 all the way to collapse of the Umbrella Corporation at the start of RE4.

Your first look at Umbrella Chronicles will likely come in late May, as Capcom will be including a trailer for the game with the Wii version of Resident Evil 4. As for the full game, it's currently 25% complete and without a final release date.
Link (http://wii.ign.com/articles/778/778247p1.html)
A f'in shooter :mad:

Sky Blue
Apr 4, 2007, 10:09 AM
Bio Hazard 4: Wii Edition (Wii)

Beating the game adds Ada's "The Another Order"/"Separate Ways" from the PS2 version. Controls adapted for waggle, including Wiimote aiming. Waggle while holding down B to reload, waggle without holding to use your knife. Also comes with a trailer for Umbrella Chronicles.

TheGimp
Apr 4, 2007, 11:15 AM
I consider this to be very good news. The Wii needs a shooting game, and what better way to start than with a House of the Head style on-rails shooter that even my gf could enjoy without the hassle of the move and shoot controls which are too advanced for her right now. Better this than a Duck-Hunt style game, plus the focus on pure shooting will help get more non-gamers in the franchise and genre and general, paving the way financially for a top-development Resident Evil 5 (or some such) on the Wii with full polish (non-rushed) down the road.

I mean, it's not as if the original Resident Evil 4 needs an overhaul. Changing the aiming so that one can run and shoot at the same time would upset the gameplay balance IMO. It would be made that much easier, requiring tack-on enemies and contrived ammo limitations to compensate for the original awkwardness (i.e. over the shoulder perspective) which some found unsettling in a bad way, and others found unsettling in the best possible (i.e. true horror suspense) way. Part of the fun of the original is what happens when the staggering lean misses the intended shot and hits some other limb or body part instead.

KurtangleTN
Apr 4, 2007, 12:26 PM
$30 is kinda harsh for a port with waggle and some bonus things from the PS2 version.

Dagless
Apr 4, 2007, 12:30 PM
$30 is kinda harsh for a port with waggle and some bonus things from the PS2 version.

You're joking right? 15 for a Wii game is less than anything else right now. And to say that 15 will get you a Wii enhanced Resident Evil 4 is brilliant. Even that Wii pinball game and Metal Slug. Absolutely incredible for someone like me who skipped out on the Cube version (new TV, Cube didn't look good on LCD, and now I find it disgusting going back to a regular GC controller).

Maynerd
Apr 4, 2007, 01:44 PM

RE:4 is an AWESOME game $30 for this game is a good deal. Unless of course you already played or owned it.

GimmeSlack12
Apr 4, 2007, 01:51 PM
Since I never bought RE4 for the GC (rented it though and loved it).

This is another reason why I need to get a Wii. Now if I could only get a job...

sikkinixx
Apr 4, 2007, 02:18 PM
Kinda cool. But the aiming in RE4 was fine and the game was already too easy without being able to quickly pick off head shots..... Worth a rent if it ever comes around to NA. More than ports would be a nice change of pace though.

From the IGN article:http://wii.ign.com/articles/778/778248p1.html

"The producers of the Wii version revealed to Famitsu that one of their goals is to allow families who play the Wii together to experience Resident Evil. The game will include "Easy" and "Amateur" difficulty settings, selectable from the start, that will make aiming easier and keep your life from depleting too fast."

because I'm sure ma and pa and granny wants to blow away some zombies. Sounds like a damn good way for crazy mothers to TAKE AWAY the Wii from the kid....

KurtangleTN
Apr 4, 2007, 02:21 PM
RE:4 is an AWESOME game $30 for this game is a good deal. Unless of course you already played or owned it.

Yes I own it.