PDA

View Full Version : People who think you like them

Royal Pineapple
Jun 11, 2003, 03:31 AM
I know this kid, ill call him NICK, and he always talks to me, and he thinks i like him. i cant break it to him that i cant stand him, because he is the type to take it the wrong way (all ways are the wrong way).
have any of you ever had this kind of experiance?

Huked on Fonick
Jun 11, 2003, 03:38 AM
Lots of them and one of them happens to be the same kid named NICK, but i think he has figured out i dont like him, i can kind of be a blunt ******* some err lots of times o well...

Nick was a royal pain in the ASS....expessly spending a week with him in the grand canyon....i am sure royal can testify to this he was there......

Another one is this kid i call Pip, He allways steals my ideas (like the name Royal_Pineapple), He also smells bad......or was that his room mate... must be his room mate right?
Just kidding pip I love you man!

I find i am happier when i let people know i dont like them:D

Royal Pineapple
Jun 11, 2003, 03:50 AM
Originally posted by Huked on Fonick

Nick was a royal pain in the ASS....expessly spending a week with him in the grand canyon....i am sure royal can testify to this he was there......

never forgit the orange recluses:D god that boy was stupid

Huked on Fonick
Jun 11, 2003, 04:01 AM
never forgit the orange recluses:D god that boy was stupid [/QUOTE]

That was a classic i got nick started on giant man eating spiders that lived in the canyon called orange recluses, and Royal soon followed up with how they piss naypalm and strangle you before they eat you, and if u try to defend urself they blow up blah balh, he was eating it all up, and everyone elce in the group evently added there share before the end of the day, geez it was classic, i dont think he slept that night...HE ATE IT UP HARDCORE!:rolleyes: :D

One of the best of all time....

jefhatfield
Jun 11, 2003, 05:20 AM
there used to be this boy in high school that used to always follow me and my friend and we called him the shadow...wherever we went, he followed us incessantly

that was over 20 years ago

i wish we had been more adult about things and treated him better...basically, he was very lonely and lacked social skills and his apparent stalking of us was the only way he knew how to communicate

pseudobrit
Jun 11, 2003, 06:11 AM
Originally posted by jefhatfield
i wish we had been more adult about things and treated him better...basically, he was very lonely and lacked social skills and his apparent stalking of us was the only way he knew how to communicate

No, he was learning. He's probably very socially adept today because you guys merely let him observe.

sparkleytone
Jun 11, 2003, 06:43 AM
Originally posted by pseudobrit
No, he was learning. He's probably very socially adept today because you guys merely let him observe.

:D good call. wait...it was YOU wasn't it??

pseudobrit
Jun 11, 2003, 06:50 AM
Originally posted by sparkleytone
:D good call. wait...it was YOU wasn't it??

Not quite. When I was in sixth grade, I learned a lot from one of the bad kids in my class. The teacher had students paired up for the year, and she paired me, the smart, socially inadept good little kid with the athletic, not-so-bright bigger bad kid. I think I learned more from him than he did from me.

I emulated people who knew how to interact with others until I could adapt my own shy personality to do so.

jelloshotsrule
Jun 11, 2003, 06:53 AM
there was a kid in my class we called leech. he'd leech on to this one cooler kid who was too nice to tell him to bug off. decent enough kid, just gets annoying.

i hate the society that is high school (or any school really)

pseudobrit
Jun 11, 2003, 06:56 AM
Originally posted by jelloshotsrule
there was a kid in my class we called leech. he'd leech on to this one cooler kid who was too nice to tell him to bug off. decent enough kid, just gets annoying.

One should savor the opportunity to teach. I find it immensely flattering when someone looks to me as a source of knowledge. But teaching is in my blood, so...

jelloshotsrule
Jun 11, 2003, 06:59 AM
One should savor the opportunity to teach. I find it immensely flattering when someone looks to me as a source of knowledge. But teaching is in my blood, so...

people don't always *want* to learn though..... which makes it more than a bit tricky.

Huked on Fonick
Jun 11, 2003, 06:00 PM
Some people never learn or cant learn it seams(because of metal problems) thats why our prisons are so full today(and i am not talking about people in there for stupid reasons).....its sad most of those people would of been better if someone liked them, but no one ever did.........sigh.........

at least i think they would of been better if someone has showed love for them, this world is really lacking love, and people only love people they like........

wdlove
Jun 11, 2003, 07:02 PM
I had the experience in high school that alot of people would come up to me and say hello. It was because of my height that they knew my name. I always felt bad that I didn't always know their name!

pseudobrit
Jun 11, 2003, 07:42 PM
Some people never learn or cant learn it seams(because of metal problems) thats why our prisons are so full today(and i am not talking about people in there for stupid reasons)

But if our prisons weren't full of people in there for stupid reasons they wouldn't be so full...

anyway, it's not that criminals are stupid per se; many are downright dumb, but they are clever in different ways, often very anti-social ways.

The problem with prisons is that they take minor criminals and mix them with major criminals and they all learn from one another, and I'm not talking about them tutoring each other in calculus and Latin, either.

mrjamin
Jun 11, 2003, 07:55 PM
I'm nick, aren't i?http://www.blizzforums.com/images/smilies/cry.gif

Royal Pineapple
Jun 12, 2003, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by mrjamin
i certainly hope not, for your sake.

Huked on Fonick
Jun 12, 2003, 12:16 AM

faint resebalence,,,, but naaaaaaa

kettle
Jun 12, 2003, 01:20 AM
Some people never learn or cant learn it seams(because of metal problems)

I agree, too much head banging and not enough effort toward building an attention span

actually I recommend too much metal for developing an attention span, try anything by Strapping Young Lad or Devin Townsend, whilst adjusting consentration to eleven, that's one louder than ten if you're wondering.:p

On a serious note...
www.udel.edu/bkirby/asperger/aswhatisit.html (http://www.udel.edu/bkirby/asperger/aswhatisit.html)

kettle
Jun 12, 2003, 01:24 AM
Cut 'n' paste of the crux...

Individuals with AS can exhibit a variety of characteristics and the disorder can range from mild to severe. Persons with AS show marked deficiencies in social skills, have difficulties with transitions or changes and prefer sameness. They often have obsessive routines and may be preoccupied with a particular subject of interest. They have a great deal of difficulty reading nonverbal cues (body language) and very often the individual with AS has difficulty determining proper body space. Often overly sensitive to sounds, tastes, smells, and sights, the person with AS may prefer soft clothing, certain foods, and be bothered by sounds or lights no one else seems to hear or see. It's important to remember that the person with AS perceives the world very differently. Therefore, many behaviors that seem odd or unusual are due to those neurological differences and not the result of intentional rudeness or bad behavior, and most certainly not the result of "improper parenting".

By definition, those with AS have a normal IQ and many individuals (although not all), exhibit exceptional skill or talent in a specific area. Because of their high degree of functionality and their naiveté, those with AS are often viewed as eccentric or odd and can easily become victims of teasing and bullying. While language development seems, on the surface, normal, individuals with AS often have deficits in pragmatics and prosody. Vocabularies may be extraordinarily rich and some children sound like "little professors." However, persons with AS can be extremely literal and have difficulty using language in a social context.

link in previous post

shadowfax
Jun 12, 2003, 03:51 AM
I'm nick, aren't i?http://www.blizzforums.com/images/smilies/cry.gif you should contribute to the site and find out :p

wdlove
Jun 12, 2003, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by Shadowfax
you should contribute to the site and find out :p

So that will bring greater respect!

mrjamin
Jun 12, 2003, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by Shadowfax
you should contribute to the site and find out :p

in what way contribute? as in financially or my thoughts? financially isn't an option for me at the moment - i'm a self-funded student suffering a very skint patch atm!

wdlove
Jun 12, 2003, 07:49 PM
in what way contribute? as in financially or my thoughts? financially isn't an option for me at the moment - i'm a self-funded student suffering a very skint patch atm!

You will be in position to contribute financially in no time at all! ;)

I personnaly greatly appreciate your contribution of your knowledge and opinion. Thank you mrjamin and keep up the good work! :cool:

bennetsaysargh
Jun 12, 2003, 08:42 PM
that happens to me too much. and it's always the kids wo are 6 years younger than me. annoying. and i can't tell them to go ****** off because im too nice!

damn me and my being too nice-ness!

Huked on Fonick
Jun 14, 2003, 04:51 AM
But if our prisons weren't full of people in there for stupid reasons they wouldn't be so full...

anyway, it's not that criminals are stupid per se; many are downright dumb, but they are clever in different ways, often very anti-social ways.

The problem with prisons is that they take minor criminals and mix them with major criminals and they all learn from one another, and I'm not talking about them tutoring each other in calculus and Latin, either.

err thats what i was talking about stupid reasons=minor reasons sorry