PDA

View Full Version : virtua tennis 3 review/wii sports/party games

darkwing
Mar 29, 2007, 04:42 PM
What games do people who have Wii sports parties tend to play? I had some friends over last weekend and we spent most of our time playing Virtua Tennis 3 on the PS3. I only popped it in to show them another example of 1080p, and we wound up being hooked on it. (Again, I don't know why.) I wonder if tennis is very popular/fun on Wii sports or if one of the other games typically grabs people's time.

As for Virtua Tennis 3, it's really quite good. I didn't try the motion stuff (doesn't interest me), but you do it without ever hitting a single button. The computer is very hard. I managed to win on hard difficulty, but I can't on very hard. My friend and I can't beat it in doubles on normal mode, though. Great graphics and a lot of fun. Position and ball control are very important.

It sucks they didn't put online play into the PS3 version. I feel this would be much more fun than motion control. Considering it's $10 less than an average game, and is fun with friends over, it might be a good buy! You'd probably enjoy feeling helpful after folding more, though. :P

runplaysleeprun
Mar 29, 2007, 05:34 PM
Wii Tennis generally. sometimes wii baseball. I just got Wii Play, and if it didn't come with an $40 Wiimote with it all for $50 bucks, I wouldn't recommend it. Some games are good, good enough for the $10 you pay if you're in the market for an extra wiimote anyway.

bluewire
Mar 30, 2007, 10:45 AM
As for Virtua Tennis 3, it's really quite good. I didn't try the motion stuff (doesn't interest me), but you do it without ever hitting a single button. The computer is very hard. I managed to win on hard difficulty, but I can't on very hard. My friend and I can't beat it in doubles on normal mode, though. Great graphics and a lot of fun. Position and ball control are very important. :P

VT3 is pretty fun. I suck at it but it plays pretty well. The online is a TAD laggy at times, I like the let feature that lets you play a lag filled point over.
Only thing I don't like is the volleying. Can't really seem to put away or place volleys that well. But it could be because I suck. :(