PDA

View Full Version : is their any way i can be all mac one day?

jefhatfield
Jun 11, 2003, 05:32 AM
i have an ibook, but i also have a pc

unfortunately, i find it necessary to have a pc and see the quirks and mishaps first hand since i am a pc tech and having a pc helps me better understand my craft

i don't think having a mac and having a pc emulator over it will show me the problems that can occur in the pc world...a mac with a pc emulator will probably be too consistent and stable because the underlying system is os 9 or os x

i also need a pc so i can code in pc languages and try out pc code on a pc to see how it works, or how new pc software works on a pc...or how is doesn't work so well;)

cwedl
Jun 12, 2003, 03:19 AM
Its going to be hard for you to be a mac purist, I believe there to be two ways for this to occur though.

1) Change Jobs - go into the mac side of computer programming or something. But that would be silly! unless your sick of your job.

2) Wait until you have retired and then throw your PC away.

What ever you do you will still need a pc for what you are trying to achieve in your job. Even though I will be switching to mac in september I know that using a pc will be beneficial because in england only about 2% of people own a mac.