PDA

View Full Version : I've got a question concerning Diablo II...

Captain Planet
Mar 29, 2007, 09:32 PM
Yeah, I know, it's an old game. However, I still like it and play it. So I just wanted to know if I could install the game on a new iMac and that it would run properly. I know the requirements are more then sufficient for the game, but I heard something about it not running for some reason...I might probably be wrong but I just wanted to know for sure. Also, my disk for the game is the very first version, 1.0. But with the patches I guess it doesn't really matter.

slackersonly
Mar 29, 2007, 09:49 PM
i have played D2 on my intel iMac.
it has been a while so forgive me if i am wrong.
i think the only issue was choosing video to be software rendering over openGL. openGL doesnt work well for many people so choose software rendering.

Eric5h5
Mar 29, 2007, 10:03 PM
There's a bug which prevents OpenGL in the game from working in full-screen mode on Intel Macs. I think it works in windowed mode. Blizzard said they were going to fix that bug but I don't believe they have yet.

--Eric

Zwhaler
Mar 29, 2007, 10:45 PM
I couldnt get Diablo II to work on my iMac. Can anyone tell me how to do it because I would like to.

antonwalker
Mar 29, 2007, 11:52 PM
i got a couple Q's

1) do you have to pay for diablo monthly

2) How many people still play diablo. It is reasonably old.

Captain Planet
Mar 30, 2007, 09:02 AM
No, you don't pay a monthly fee. You do pay for the game though, but it isn't expensive. I think the Battle Chest, which contains Diablo, Diablo II and Diablo II: Lord of Destruction (the expansion) is around 30$...might be lower, not sure. Also, there's still quite a lot of people playing the game.

I just hope I can run it somehow...

2nyRiggz
Mar 30, 2007, 09:40 AM
I have a question for you CP.....howcome you never hit on guyah(sp)...she was hot.

Also your enemies are lame and they always seem to *bleep* you up:)

Just joking around:D

Bless

Captain Planet
Mar 30, 2007, 09:45 AM
:p

Corrosive vinyl
Mar 30, 2007, 11:36 AM
but.. captain planet, he's a hero! gonna take pollution down to zero! :D

Fezwick
Mar 31, 2007, 12:16 PM
Captain Pollution was so much cooler. :p

Captain Planet