PDA

View Full Version : Criminal Charges for a Food Fight?

Mr. Anderson
Jun 11, 2003, 07:48 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2003/EDUCATION/06/09/offbeat.food.fight.ap/index.html

I was shocked to here about this on the radio this morning. Someones obviously bored and has nothing better to do so they're going to prosecute the kids?

Blah!

D

Sun Baked
Jun 11, 2003, 07:57 AM
Yes this tendency for schools to press criminal charges for minor infractions that can easily be remedied between the students and the school is insane.

Ooooh a food fight, let's give the students a criminal record. :rolleyes:

---

OK, now I get it.

I can see where throwing "school food" can be considered quite dangerous.

But that would mean admitting that the school food is just as deadly when it's eaten as it is when it's used externally.

Assault with a deadly fish stick...

http://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?postid=186892

Roger1
Jun 11, 2003, 12:08 PM
Sun Baked: Assault with a deadly fish stick...

Hmph. Maybe some administrator had a large breadstick jammed into their, uh, ear (yeah, ear, that's it) and was angered by it.

Seriously, criminal charges for a food fight? What ever happened to Saturday detention, where the kids come in and clean up the school?

Thanatoast
Jun 11, 2003, 03:09 PM
It's all part of the school's zero-intelligence, i mean tolerance, policy. It's all to keep them from getting sued by dip**** parents. Since schools are no longer allowed to discipline children, things can get out of control, and the only option left is to use the full force of the law. They're just protecting themselves. Quite sad.

MrMacMan
Jun 11, 2003, 04:37 PM
I get 2 days of detention of saying a Sarcastic thanks when a teacher slams (I think she knew) on my face.

"Are you Alright"
"No, you just slammed the door on my face"
"oh..."
"Yeah thanks~!"

I get 2 days... what the hell, almost broke my nose...

pimentoLoaf
Jun 11, 2003, 09:14 PM
Gee...

Years ago, I wrote a four-letter word with a pencil eraser on a black lab table -- you could only see it if the light shone at the proper angle.

The one who turned me in was a ...

being careful not to use a 4-letter word

... grl.

mymemory
Jun 12, 2003, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by Sun Baked
Yes this tendency for schools to press criminal charges for minor infractions that can easily be remedied between the students and the school is insane.

Well, I was protesting back in december and I went to a judge who gave me a restriction to leave the country by a minor ofence!!!!

About the US... that is the land of "freedom", you are free to press criminal charges to any one, including kids.

mim
Jun 12, 2003, 06:21 AM
Well, my favorite part of the story is the image CNNNN's used. A take away salad-bar promo shot with some (badly done) photoshop motion blur?

How do I get onto their payroll?

wdlove
Jun 12, 2003, 10:47 AM
It's just the PC crowd going too far. They should try to come up with a solution within the school. I see no reason for this to be a criminal matter.

mactastic
Jun 12, 2003, 12:53 PM
Geez, yeah this is getting out of hand really. Somehow I'm not surprised though. I've heard there are kids getting expelled for nail clippers, or kindergarten kids charged with sexual harassment for doing stuff we all used to do on the playground. Sucks.

bennetsaysargh
Jun 12, 2003, 09:05 PM
that is rediculus. pathetic. the school is trying to set an example, even though they can't. pathetic.

holmesf
Jun 13, 2003, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by mim
Well, my favorite part of the story is the image CNNNN's used. A take away salad-bar promo shot with some (badly done) photoshop motion blur?

How do I get onto their payroll?

I was going to comment on the same thing. Just awful. The friggen freshmen in my photoshop class can do better.

tazo
Jun 13, 2003, 10:01 PM
Thats like when i got suspended for. nevermind.