PDA

View Full Version : tempted to buy ibook G4 1.2

brendel95
Mar 30, 2007, 12:24 AM
I already have macbook pro 1.83 with 1.25GB ram (it is in the shop today for LCD replacement). But today, my friend is selling his used 12 inch ibook G4 with 1.2Ghz with 1.25GB ram at $400. It is in really good codition have all the accessories and of coures it is much more portable than macbook pro. And $400 seems a good deal for the machine to me.

Do you guys think that is it a good idea to buy this ibook as a backup computer?

Thanks

iBookG4user
Mar 30, 2007, 12:38 AM
I also have a MacBook Pro and I was tempted to be a 12" powerbook at $300, but I decided against it. First off was because I was also considering a Mac Mini and that was only $600 for over 5 times the power and when I was away I could just having long tasks happen on my Mac Mini. I also decided against it because I use my laptop for graphics art and it would be painful to use a G4 again after using a Core Duo for 5 months. All in all, I'd say you would be better off buying a Mac Mini for a secondary computer than an iBook or Powerbook G4.

brendel95
Mar 30, 2007, 12:41 AM
I also have a MacBook Pro and I was tempted to be a 12" powerbook at $300, but I decided against it. First off was because I was also considering a Mac Mini and that was only $600 for over 5 times the power and when I was away I could just having long tasks happen on my Mac Mini. I also decided against it because I use my laptop for graphics art and it would be painful to use a G4 again after using a Core Duo for 5 months. All in all, I'd say you would be better off buying a Mac Mini for a secondary computer than an iBook or Powerbook G4.

I agree with you. I better look for the desktop as a second computer like Mac Mini.

Thanks

mokeyjoe
Mar 30, 2007, 07:57 AM
Well I've got an iBook G4 which I'm very happy with so I'm not going to recommend against buying it, it's a nice little computer at a decent price. It has to be said though, why so you need 2 laptops? Unless there's a particular purpose you're buying it for save your money and spend it on something else, maybe a desktop.