PDA

View Full Version : Yohoho Puzzle Pirates

Pmsharp
Mar 30, 2007, 04:23 AM
I'm curious if anyone plays Puzzle Pirates.
If not, I highly suggest it. Puzzle Pirates is a MMORPG, but very different from any other you will find, the game is based around a collection of puzzles varying from something like Tetris to Bejewled, to Rocket Mania. It currently hosts 13 different single and multi player games, along with classic card games such as hearts, spades and poker.
Unlike other MMO’s the population of Puzzle Pirates spreads 2 million pirates over 5 oceans, and hosts between 2000 and 6000 online players at any given time of day. It offers a friendly environment for everyone.
To begin yer voyage visit www.puzzlepirates.com commence yer voyage amongst pirates as ye pillage and plunder pieces of eight on the high seas.

iSaint
Mar 30, 2007, 05:47 AM
*bookmarked for investigation later today*

thanks!

aspro
Mar 30, 2007, 06:05 AM
I played the game from Beta (back when I was still a Linux user, yay for crossplatform games!) for about a year after launch. Was great until my crew started falling apart and then I realised how much the actual game was beginning to bore me.

I have many fond memories of the many months I wasted on that game!

mrgreen4242
Mar 30, 2007, 05:08 PM
I played PP for quite awhile and promoted it heavily here as well, ;). Very fun game but it has some fundamental flaws, imo, which kept me from playing for more than about 8 months. It's something I still fire up on occasion for kicks, but it's not a game I play regularly anymore.

In short, before you ask, the flaws are basically that the puzzles get slightly repetitive after awhile, but you still HAVE to do them in order to "advance" your character (that is, earn money which is more or less the main non-reputation goal). The communication system was a little cumbersome in my opinion, as was the on land traveling system. Lastly, while the Sea Battle and blockade stuff is fun, there's not enough interactivity for the crew during these things. I enjoyed Captaining ships in sea battles, but crewing them was just puzzle, puzzle, puzzle, swordfighting puzzle, puzzle puzzle puzzle... got a bit boring.

But, still, a fun game for awhile, and fun to go back to every now and again...