PDA

View Full Version : DS and Wii interaction

zane
Mar 30, 2007, 10:28 AM
Well I would like to know what the creative minds of macrumors thoughts on what Wii and DS interaction might actually do.

7on
Mar 30, 2007, 12:27 PM
I think the japanese pokemon game has this, where each user can choose his attack without the opponent seeing.

Dagless
Mar 31, 2007, 04:37 PM
DS Download Channel (turns Wii into a DS Download Station)
Extra controller, GBA>GC style but wireless and devs can assume Wii owner has DS because... well... DS.
Upload DS saves to use on Wii games (a la Pokemon)

JackAxe
Mar 31, 2007, 09:36 PM
They announce during the first E3 the DS was shown, that it would work with their next console.

raggedjimmi, are they releasing on a DS download channel? That would be great. :)

<]=)

zane
Mar 31, 2007, 09:44 PM
DS Download Channel (turns Wii into a DS Download Station)
Extra controller, GBA>GC style but wireless and devs can assume Wii owner has DS because... well... DS.
Upload DS saves to use on Wii games (a la Pokemon)

By DS download station do you mean downloading demos of games like you would in a gamestop

Dagless
Mar 31, 2007, 09:46 PM
It's been hinted at for a long time, I think Nintendo flat out announced it a while ago. Not sure now, definitely not from a hush hush developer or whatever ;)

No really! Should be cool too. Updating buggy games, demos etc. Could be smart.

pcypert
Mar 31, 2007, 09:59 PM
Maybe they'll make a patch to make diddy kong the glorious game it once was....strip out all the gimmiky DS stuff.

I'd like to see scalable games take advantage of both and let you play and move save files around. To me that'd be the top thing....so I could play a season on Fifa (if the Wii ever gets Fifa or Winning) and then take it on the road with me too..all games count towards my overall season...not two different seasons going. Would give people more of a reason to buy two versions...

Paul

Foxglove9
Mar 31, 2007, 10:49 PM
Transfer VC games to play on your DS!

ninewhereman
Mar 31, 2007, 11:31 PM
It would be cool if you could use it as a classic controller. Already setup like an SNES pad.

Maybe they could do an update through the advanced card slot to give it motion controls. Then you could make some use of it's wrist strap, besides the obvious thumb stylus.