PDA

View Full Version : Pioneer DVR112DBK DVD-R DL drive install G5 HELP QUICK!!!

agentphish
Mar 30, 2007, 09:42 PM
So I got this drive in the UPS today. It's reccomended by OWC as a replacement for g5 towers... (I bought it elsewhere and saved 10 bucks, but its the identical model)

but anyways, the drive that was in the G5 tower was a Sony DWU10...
I mount this drive inside, and it stands literally 2mm too tall for the drive open and be able stick out of the G5 (I measured it). The tray front hits the top of the opening on the inside of the G5.

I can't seem to take the front edge of the tray off either, its loose, but won't disconnect.

Does anyone have suggestions on what I can do?

Thanks.

agentphish
Mar 30, 2007, 10:19 PM
Ok, so I got the front tray plate off. The drive fit, but OS X doesn't see it.
It says theres no burner installed. The eject button doesnt work from within OS X either. I have double checked the cables.

I also set the drive to Cable Select, as thats what the sony was set to...

agentphish
Mar 30, 2007, 10:48 PM
Tried reconnecting everything, still nothing.
Switched jumper on drive from CS to master, and still nothing. I'm at a loss.

no one has suggestions?

agentphish
Mar 31, 2007, 09:54 AM
ok nevermind all that... I got the drive to show up...

my bigger problem is that I need the proper mounting screws for the drive. i used the ones that were on the Sony that was in there... turns out those make the Pioneer drive sit up just a tad high so it can't come out of the drive bay door on the front of the G5.
I had read that you need different mounting screws from the sony, that there are specific ones for pioneer branded drives.

Any suggestions?

RGunner
Mar 31, 2007, 09:58 AM
Well the anwser (as you are learning) is when the G5 was shipped with a Sony brand drive, the grey standoff's for the optical are slightly different than the Pioneer version.

Contact welovemacs.com or your local Apple store, they can supply the 'correct' pioneer height standoff.