Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

salamy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 31, 2007
Hello,

I need a good software product that can convert video, between the most popular formats. I searched on Google and found an overwelming offer, some free and some paid; but I am interested in your personal suggestions, something that you use and are satisfied with! :)

sarge

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2003
Brooklyn
What formats do you need to convert between?

If you just need to go from WMV to QT then all you need is flip-4-mac. I think it's only about $40.

If you want to transpose between all different types of compression formats then you'll want to go for Sorensen Squeeze or Canopus Procoder suite and those will run you upwards of $500. If you have Compressor as part of FCP studio, it will probably suit most of your needs.

salamy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 31, 2007
Thank you for your suggestions! X sounds like an excelent product, and I also found Amic Video Converter http://www.amicutilities.com/video-converter/ which has excelent compression and a very easy to use interface. I will still check a few other before I decide which one I will use on the long term!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.