PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Diamond or Pearl??

zelmo
Mar 31, 2007, 07:52 AM
:confused: My son loves Pokemon and, since his birthday is at the end of April, I am thinking of getting him the new Pokemon DS games. I don't know jack about Pokemon. Is there a difference between Diamond and Pearl, or is the existance of multiple versions just a means of generating revenue?

BoyBach
Mar 31, 2007, 07:57 AM
...or is the existance of multiple versions just a means of generating revenue?

How could you ever suggest such a thing! For shame!

( ;) )

I think that the difference between the different versions of Pokemon is that each version has a few of it's own 'exclusive' Pokemon monsters. So you need to 'trade' them with gamers who have the other version to complete the set.

"Gotta catch 'em all"

zelmo
Mar 31, 2007, 08:10 AM
A-ha! So one version is good enough for a dabbler, as suspected.

Excellent, Smithers [/Mr. Burns];)

balamw
Mar 31, 2007, 11:13 AM
My older son has also entered a Pokemon phase*, and has an April b'day. Since I've actually started playing the stupid games myself, I'm going to buy both play one myself and let him play the other one all by himself (for once).

*The younger one's favorite phrase is (Pokemon? agaiiin?), so he may skip this phase even though his tasts to date have followed his brother's quite well. He's coming out of a Wiggles obsession, so I expect a superheroes phase next.

B

sb58
Mar 31, 2007, 11:23 AM
does anyone know exactly what the difference will be? pokemon wise? :D

zap2
Mar 31, 2007, 11:54 AM
"Gotta catch 'em all"

In English language versions of the franchise, it was originally "Gotta catch 'em all!," although it is now no longer officially used except in the spin-off anime series Pokémon Chronicles.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pokemon

:)

Tom B.
Mar 31, 2007, 12:02 PM
does anyone know exactly what the difference will be? pokemon wise? :D

Me. :D

Pokemon Diamond & Pearl Version Exclusives at Serebii.net (http://www.serebii.net/diamondpearl/exclusives.shtml)

sb58
Mar 31, 2007, 01:17 PM
looks like i'm getting Diamond. it has Scyther, Scizor, Mightyena, and Aggron. i love those guys :D

robert, get pearl.

zap2
Mar 31, 2007, 02:19 PM
looks like i'm getting Diamond. it has Scyther, Scizor, Mightyena, and Aggron. i love those guys :D

robert, get pearl.

Yup....Houndoom is pretty kick arse!

Dagless
Mar 31, 2007, 04:52 PM
Pearl for me :) I've always had the red Pokemon games. Caroline gets the blue 'uns. already got our imports ready and sorted and I can't friggin wait.

MP4-22
Mar 31, 2007, 08:51 PM
I usually end up getting the third version like yellow, crystal, and emerald. I have to get me a DS first.

applekid
Mar 31, 2007, 08:56 PM
Pokemon still going strong? :confused:

After playing Sapphire/Ruby, it feels the game is too simple. Much hasn't changed. It was acceptable for Red/Blue and Gold/Silver since they were GB/GBC games. But, with the GBA I wish they did more. Particularly the animations. And with Diamond/Pearl, I wish they would do even more.

I'll probably get both. One for me, and one for my sister. This game might be worth exchanging friend codes for.

Chone
Mar 31, 2007, 09:34 PM
Since trading pokemons will be incredibly easy thanks to Wi-Fi, I wouldn't bother much with the decision, just choose the legendary Pokemon you'd like to have (either the pearl exclusive or diamond exclusive), the rest you'll probably be able to get almost effortlessly through trading.

In any case you'll have lots of fun with either, there are not many differences between each.

I might be getting a DS just for this game... it looks too good to pass on...