PDA

View Full Version : 360 VGA Issues

sikkinixx
Mar 31, 2007, 01:19 PM
I just bought a VGA cable for my 360 so my Wii can finally take it's permanent place using my sole component port on my lil LCD TV.

But I havea few little issues with it. My TV's actual resolution is 1440 x 900 so I figured that the 360 wouldn't offer that in it's resolution so I have it set as 1280 x 720. It works pretty decently. When I watch dvd's that are in 4:3 (like The Simpsons) it has the black bars on the side. I have to manually tell it to stretch it each time I click on an episode in which is a pain in the ass. It never used to do this with component. Any way around this?

Plus the colour quality is a little worse off. It looks a lot whiter I guess, kinda washed out a bit. I played with the colours and got it looking pretty close to how I had it with the component but it's just not quite there.

Any advice on how to make it look it's best? I haven't tried it with games yet, just with a few demo's I have on the system.

mrgreen4242
Mar 31, 2007, 01:59 PM
I just bought a VGA cable for my 360 so my Wii can finally take it's permanent place using my sole component port on my lil LCD TV.

But I havea few little issues with it. My TV's actual resolution is 1440 x 900 so I figured that the 360 wouldn't offer that in it's resolution so I have it set as 1280 x 720. It works pretty decently. When I watch dvd's that are in 4:3 (like The Simpsons) it has the black bars on the side. I have to manually tell it to stretch it each time I click on an episode in which is a pain in the ass. It never used to do this with component. Any way around this?

Plus the colour quality is a little worse off. It looks a lot whiter I guess, kinda washed out a bit. I played with the colours and got it looking pretty close to how I had it with the component but it's just not quite there.

Any advice on how to make it look it's best? I haven't tried it with games yet, just with a few demo's I have on the system.

Get a TV calibration DVD and run through it to calibrate your TV's VGA input. Should get your color issues fixed. No clue about the black bars, except maybe chose a widescreen resolution on the 360 and let the TV scale that instead.

RamenBooko
Apr 1, 2007, 10:34 AM
If your monitor is 1440x900, you should be using the 1360x768 (or something like that) resolution. I had it running on my 19" Acer for a while and had to do that.

Plus, you can't adjust as many options with VGA as opposed to Component.

sikkinixx
Apr 1, 2007, 10:38 AM
Oh....well I'll live with it I guess. The wii looks so much better in 480p vs 480i so I can't bear to put it back on composite and put my 360 back on component.

and why couldn't I be 'Emperor Sikkinixx!" admiral?! they suck! :D