PDA

View Full Version : What do you think this is worth?

jermsmingy
Jun 11, 2003, 05:05 PM
Hey Guys,

I am thinking about selling my Tibook and was wondering what you think it is worth. The low end Tibook sells for 2,000 and that is approximately what I was thinking of selling mine for. The only advantage the low end Tibook has over my Tibook is that its processor is 67mhz faster. Mine is an 800mhz with a 60 gig drive that is 5400rpm vs. the 40 gig 4600rpm. Mine also has 1 gig of ram vs. the 256 in the low end. Airport card is also included in mine where as you have to add that to the low end. I am not sure of the difference on the graphics card but I know that mine has 32 mb of ddr and so does the low end powerbook. All in all to get everything that my powerbook has the low end Powerbook would cost 2,528 plus tax. And the only advanage you would have is and 867mhz processor vs. and 800 mhz processor. I have taken great care of my Tibook and there are only 2 minor scratches on it. There are very minor. Most people wouldn't even see them. Anyway, to get to my question, Do you think that 2,000 is a fair price? Sorry if I posted in the wrong spot. Oh and Mine also boots into 9 for those that need it to where as the new one won't.

Jeremy

MacBandit
Jun 11, 2003, 05:28 PM
All the TiBooks still boot into OS9. It's only the AluBooks that do not. I would think no more then $1600. A) It's used the price will never compete with new b) what's the warranty? In any case it doesn't have as much warranty time as it did new. C) Most anyone can pick up a educational discount from someone they know and many universities are selling the 867 for less then $1800. A recent deal that just ended at my local university was the 867 for $1599.

3G4N
Jun 11, 2003, 05:40 PM
I'd think you could get at least $1500 for it.

check e-bay for comparable setups, and see what they have actually sold for.

mstecker
Jun 11, 2003, 05:58 PM
Everyone thinks their mac is worth more than it is. Used computers are just used computers. No matter how nicely you took care of it, it's still used.

A quick search on eBay's completed items suggests you'd get about $1700 for it.

cybin
Jun 12, 2003, 03:11 AM
Ebay is the place to get the most money out of your computer. Although Tibooks tend to be targeted more for fraud so don't send the computer out till the money clears.

Check www.andale.com for the going price of your mac. Click on the research tab and it'll tally up all the closed auctions on ebay.

The give you a free preview of the service then they want to charge you after that. Quick hack for it is to veiw your cookies and delete www.andale.com RESEARCH_TRIAL cookie. Resets it so you can search again.

-cybin