PDA

View Full Version : most talented woman in the world...

mrjamin
Jun 11, 2003, 05:33 PM
...not

check this out: http://www.wingmusic.co.nz/

click on "listen to wing"

enjoy!

MrMacMan
Jun 11, 2003, 05:47 PM
Atleast she hits the high squeaky notes...

urg

Foucault
Jun 11, 2003, 05:47 PM
Martha Stewart

G4scott
Jun 11, 2003, 06:05 PM
OMG!!!

This sounds like one of my asian friend's mom, if she tried to sing!!!

Hilarious! Not to make fun of anybody, but it just sounds funny...

King Cobra
Jun 11, 2003, 06:07 PM
Sounds like Martha [Hairy] Stewert swallowed a furball! :D :eek: :eek:

Mr. Anderson
Jun 11, 2003, 06:26 PM
Noooooo! I can't get it out of head now.....

Yoko could take lessions from her though ;)

D

wdlove
Jun 11, 2003, 06:59 PM
I listened to "Say Goodbye To Love" it brought a smile to my face. I give her credit for having the nerve to express herself!

jefhatfield
Jun 13, 2003, 07:16 AM
that has got to be the funniest thing i have heard in a long time

she would be great on letterman:p

jayscheuerle
Jun 13, 2003, 08:32 AM
Wow...

She sounds like an Asian Edith Bunker.

vollspacken
Jun 13, 2003, 09:59 AM
This is the most worthless piece of crap I've ever heard!!!

it reads that she immigrated to NZ from Hong Kong, but after listening to her violating "Yesteday Once More" by the Carpenters I'm 100% sure that I know the truth...

... Wings got expelled by the Chinese authorities after hundreds of people got ear cancer when they heard her singing...

jeeeeez HORRIBLE

"Squeeeeeeeeeek" :eek:

vSpacken

attention, attention, WINGS HAS LEFT THE BUILDING!!!

[edit: this incredibly talented woman is of course called WING...]

wdlove
Jun 13, 2003, 10:29 AM
Now that we have the Internet it easily gives people their 15 minutes of fame.

I agree, she could probably get on the "David Letterman Show"

scem0
Jun 13, 2003, 01:26 PM
lol that was great.

I wonder if that could possibly be a joke....

http://www.my-smileys.de/signs/77430bbce83afc89881430e177cabb9b.png

amnesiac1984
Jun 13, 2003, 01:59 PM
Her voice could be quite interesting, the tone of it etc, but she is completely tone deaf!!

jethroted
Jun 13, 2003, 04:08 PM
Yes, that was the worst singing I have ever heard. I hope she goes to number one on the charts!

britboy
Jun 13, 2003, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by mrjamin
...not

enjoy!

You watch the Graham Norton show too then I take it. It creased me up when she started singing live down the phone! She absolutely crucified herself with that rendition of 'my favourite things'.....

:p

mymemory
Jun 13, 2003, 05:47 PM
Damn, she is hot!

Now, if she got a grand to record that stuff I can get more than that for sure just to burn all her material:D

shadowfax
Jun 13, 2003, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by mymemory
Damn, she is hot! as the holder of the official hot asian 'tar on this forum, i hereby move that you be burned at the stake.

King Cobra
Jun 13, 2003, 05:58 PM
It could have been worse, she could actually have videos of her dancing.

Burning would be preliminary at that point. :p

wdlove
Jun 13, 2003, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by Shadowfax
as the holder of the official hot asian 'tar on this forum, i hereby move that you be burned at the stake.

Remember Shadowfax, that asians highly respect their elders! I think she has a very stately bearing about her. A nice smile!

scem0
Jun 13, 2003, 06:32 PM
as the holder of the official hot asian 'tar on this forum, i hereby move that you be burned at the stake.

good call...... :D

I wondor what Simon Cowell would say about her.......... :eek: ;)

shadowfax
Jun 13, 2003, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by wdlove
Remember Shadowfax, that asians highly respect their elders! I think she has a very stately bearing about her. A nice smile! i meant no disrespect to the lady, i am just appalled that anyone woould call her hot. she would be too, i imagine, unless she had some kind of fetish, as mymemory clearly does. :o

zed
Jun 14, 2003, 06:37 PM
wow... that was GREAT! *tear*

wdlove
Jun 14, 2003, 07:50 PM
i meant no disrespect to the lady, i am just appalled that anyone woould call her hot. she would be too, i imagine, unless she had some kind of fetish, as mymemory clearly does. :o

I just think that she is the kindly grandmother type. She probably has a geek relative that encouraged her to do this!

zed
Jun 14, 2003, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by G4scott
OMG!!!

This sounds like one of my asian friend's mom, if she tried to sing!!!

haha, this is sooo true... except it would be louder... and in some obscure asian language ;)

amnesiac1984
Jun 15, 2003, 05:20 AM
I just think that she is the kindly grandmother type. She probably has a geek relative that encouraged her to do this!

So you think she is good? Are you tone deaf too?

This was not a little project by a geek relative, she's actualy getting money for this stuff. :rolleyes:

jefhatfield
Jun 15, 2003, 07:31 AM
i have considered buying a cd because the songs are truly funny because they are so bad

she is funnier than some of the best comedians in the world

somehow, those song clips are so funny they really made my day:p

King Cobra
Jun 15, 2003, 09:52 AM
Yo, pops!

That's what you get when you find a literal meaning for
Queens Of The Stone Age - Songs For The Deaf
:D

jefhatfield
Jun 15, 2003, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by King Cobra
Yo, pops!

That's what you get when you find a literal meaning for
Queens Of The Stone Age - Songs For The Deaf
:D

i spent three years singing in a punk band... www.turnrock.com (96-98) so i definitely got a little deaf in the process, but either way, wing is truly funny to listen to

i bookmarked wing's site

if ever i feel blue, wing will lighten the mood

wdlove
Jun 15, 2003, 02:15 PM
I looked at the site of your punk rock band, jefhatfield. Nice pictures. So are you Ray, Lyndon, Roy, or Dan?

shadowfax
Jun 15, 2003, 05:30 PM
I looked at the site of your punk rock band, jefhatfield. Nice pictures. So are you Ray, Lyndon, Roy, or Dan? i just assumed he was "no longer in the band."

jelloshotsrule
Jun 15, 2003, 05:38 PM
it's gotta be roy... come on, check out that plaid shirt!

jelloshotsrule
Jun 15, 2003, 05:41 PM
better yet... he's on fi-uhh!

jefhatfield
Jun 15, 2003, 06:23 PM
i am dan, who left before that photograph of turn

now roy, the bassist, is the singer...ray is still on guitar and lyndon is still the drummer

the band has been around since somewhere in 1995, though i did some music with ray as far back as 1993

voicegy
Jun 15, 2003, 06:39 PM
Well, this explains a lot: "...and I do performance in Rest Homes and Hospitals..."

Perfect. Half her audience is deaf, the other half near death.

This has the potential of becoming one of those "15 Minutes of Fame" web sites, albeit for unintended reasons. Remember that one guy who was looking for a girlfriend and his site was SWAMPED when it got out how funny it was? How about the infamous Hamster Dance site? With enough word of mouth, her web host server won't be able to handle the amount of traffic...as of this writing I see the counter at 1258...I'm willing to bet it'll jump thousands more, because this site has it all...

Sublime innocence. (I don't think this is a joke site at all...)

A True Purpose (after all, the dear woman is just promoting her cd...nothing controversial here)

Bizarre Subject Matter (sure, nothin' wrong with someone belting out their favorite songs, but stuff from The Carpenters and Do-Re-Mi?! It's genius without even trying!)

A Payoff (as if the web site itself isnt' silly enough, take the time to listen to the singing...PRICELESS!)

I'm going to send this classic off to a lot of people whom, I'm sure, will appreciate me making their day...and who knows, she may even make a few sales because of the sheer bizarre-ness of it all...hey, it's a win-win situation all around!

Thanks for bringing it to our attention, mrjamin...this borders on High Art.:p

jelloshotsrule
Jun 15, 2003, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by jefhatfield
i am dan, who left before that photograph of turn

now roy, the bassist, is the singer...ray is still on guitar and lyndon is still the drummer

the band has been around since somewhere in 1995, though i did some music with ray as far back as 1993
does that mean you have earrings and some suave shades then???

jefhatfield
Jun 15, 2003, 06:55 PM
that be me

i didn't want to be singing to teens/young when i was 40...the skateboard kid crowd most relates to the music and next year one member will be 40 and the next year another will be 40...the one on guitar is the baby of the band and he's only 32...i guess they will go on as long as the stones:D

two of them work for a computer software company doing network stuff and q & a stuff and roy, the singer/bassist teaches high school...so maybe he can generate a whole new generation of listeners

jefhatfield
Jun 15, 2003, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by voicegy

This has the potential of becoming one of those "15 Minutes of Fame" web sites, albeit for unintended reasons. Remember that one guy who was looking for a girlfriend and his site was SWAMPED when it got out how funny it was? How about the infamous Hamster Dance site? With enough word of mouth, her web host server won't be able to handle the amount of traffic...as of this writing I see the counter at 1258...I'm willing to bet it'll jump thousands more, because this site has it all...

the counter is at 1382 now! where was it before us crazy macrumors people started giving her internet hits?

i too will share wing with everyone:p

voicegy
Jun 15, 2003, 11:18 PM
the counter is at 1382 now! where was it before us crazy macrumors people started giving her internet hits?

i too will share wing with everyone:p

"Share Wing with Everyone!" Kinda fits, doesn't it? I think I'll head my next set of e-mails with that phrase. :p

I e-mailed this to my bud in LA and he called me back and left a message...it was Wing in the background with him writhing on the floor, saying something about "...ears bleeding..." between peals of laughter.

Well, only 4 hours later, and the counter is 2024! (of course, I've been there a couple more times myself, out of sheer car-wreck curiousity) Did you get a taste of her rendition of "Summertime?" It could be the title track of, oh, any number of horror films...like the upcoming "Cabin Fever", or the as yet produced "I Know What You Did In New Zealand Last Summer."

I haven't had this much fun on the net since I joined MacRumors nearly 2 years ago, and all the users here were going NUTS over Apple teasing the HECK out of us with those front page changes days before the keynote...and the night Time Magazine Canada blew it and released the new iMac article and pic...oh, the images I had of Steve blowing a gasket over THAT one!:D

jefhatfield
Jun 16, 2003, 12:04 AM
she's at 2,426 now around 11:24 pst!

summertime is one of her masterpieces

how about do re mi...i love that one...today my wife and i listened to all her samples...i have been sick this week but the music lifted me out of my symptoms

i figure now this is the first site i will visit when i wake up instead of macrumors

jefhatfield
Jun 16, 2003, 11:14 AM

i figure now this is the first site i will visit when i wake up instead of macrumors

and she's at 3782...a lot more than 1200 or so when we first started going to her site...this could turn into a cult following or something

i just hope the server can handle the traffic

VIREBEL661
Jun 16, 2003, 01:08 PM
OMG!!! Hilarious! The scary part is she has NO IDEA WHATSOEVER that she's talentless... But as another poster said, she's getting paid for this stuff! I'll foward it to my friends - thanks for the post!

VIREBEL661
Jun 16, 2003, 01:20 PM
HEY! Doesn't it sound a little like Adam Sandler trying to sing???

Moxiemike
Jun 16, 2003, 01:32 PM
sounds to me like she bought a cheap karaoke machine and put a tape in with music and another blank in and hit record. ;)

Sun Baked
Jun 16, 2003, 02:08 PM
:confused:

Okay, spill it...

Who is buying her albums?

wdlove
Jun 16, 2003, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Sun Baked

Okay, spill it...

Who is buying her albums?

I have no plans to purchase one of her albums.

jefhatfield
Jun 16, 2003, 03:17 PM
with 3,500 recent hits, i am sure she has sold more this week than ever;)

shadowfax
Jun 16, 2003, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by Sun Baked

Okay, spill it...

Who is buying her albums? i ordered a bunch... i thought it would be useful to have a stash for birthdays of people i secretly dislike strongly :D

scem0
Jun 16, 2003, 04:05 PM
i ordered a bunch... i thought it would be useful to have a stash for birthdays of people i secretly dislike strongly :D

or people who think Britney Spears is the best singer in the world. ;)

If I had enough money that I could throw it out on **** like this I would, but unfortunately I haven't gotten to that stage of my life yet. :D

King Cobra
Jun 16, 2003, 04:54 PM
I'll take Britney over Martha [Hairy] Stewert anyday.

But she might just be "juliana hatfield" in disguise. :D :eek:

wdlove
Jun 16, 2003, 08:29 PM
Who is "juliana hatfield"?

King Cobra
Jun 16, 2003, 08:38 PM
For a little juliana hatfield, click here. (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9679)

wdlove
Jun 17, 2003, 10:30 AM
Thank you King Cobra for the enlightenment! :p

Laslo Panaflex
Jun 17, 2003, 11:36 AM
Loved it, great stuff

topicolo
Jun 17, 2003, 11:03 PM
Oh MAN! this is prank-worthy material!

jefhatfield
Jun 18, 2003, 12:50 PM

...as of this writing I see the counter at 1258...I'm willing to bet it'll jump thousands more, because this site has it all...

the site counter has jumped more than ten thousand hits since then (11,620 hits as of 10:50 am pst on june 18, 2003)...probably mostly due to the people who we told and the people who they told...etc, etc, etc

at this point, i wonder what wing may be thinking since out of those ten thousand hits, more than a few have likely bought one or more cds

if she only made, let's say ten of each release, i bet she has sold out her stash of product and now she has to make more cds...probably from her burner on her home pc

even with a modest amount of sales, this poor lady is probably up to her eyeballs in orders to ship since just burning, packaging and shipping just one cd will conservatively take a couple of hours on a decent pc and short trip to the post office

who's to say?...maybe she sold and has to ship one hundred cds around the world...which will most likely, if she is home based, take the balance of the week to fulfill

i am definitely thinking of sending a new zealand cashier's check (from my local international bank) to her and getting one of her cds

i can't think of a funnier party item than this...not cheech and chong, andrew dice clay, jim carrey, or any comic cd is anywhere near as funny as these songs she sings in her own style

but ask yourself this, if you moved to hong kong, got into their music and took a few lessons, would you be able to put out a chinese singing cd ready for the masses?;)

jefhatfield
Jun 18, 2003, 01:14 PM
from 11,620 to 11,646 in just fifteen minutes...that's 26 hits which would average more than 100 hits per hour at that rate!!!

i think mrjamin has stumbled upon an internet phenomenon and if this thing keeps up until the site hits one million, then i think this is a newsworthy piece for the media to swoop upon

this thing could actually make wing some real money since her cost to re-burn a cd and package it can't cost more than three dollars or so...and maybe she can actually, eventually, make a living doing music since her fans of her music, or comedy as it is, will only multiply and demand more...like wing sings the beatles, wing sings U2, wing sings the dixie chicks, wing sings the three tenors:p

wdlove
Jun 18, 2003, 05:49 PM
With the increase traffic that mrjamin is bringing to her site, she should compensate him! :p

vollspacken
Jun 18, 2003, 05:59 PM
...I want Wing to have my child :eek:

maybe he/she will be as talented as her

BTW, how old is she, 75???

jefhatfield
Jun 18, 2003, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by vollspacken

BTW, how old is she, 75???

more like 60 or so...he he

i would prolly look like 50 to you...i am almost 40...but when i was 19, i hung around with a 28 year old woman and at the time she looked ancient to me even though she was very pretty ;)

our wing is at 12,743 now

jefhatfield
Jun 19, 2003, 10:47 PM

our wing is at 12,743 now

17,000+ baby!!

two out of her four cd titles are sold out and of the dozen or so samples from her download page, only two songs are currently available to listen to due to the recent, heavy download requests...gee, i wonder why:p

soon, i predict, all her available cds will be sold out and she will have to stamp out some more and continue to make more money...we made her rich, so where is our cut? he he

edit:

17,770 as of 10 pm pst, 6/21
20,553 as of 6:10 am pst, 6/24

jefhatfield
Jun 27, 2003, 10:55 PM
as of about 8:45 pm pst, june 27th, our wing is at 24,858 and rising

something amazing has happened since the 1,258 hits counter amount last week

shadowfax
Jun 27, 2003, 11:12 PM
something amazing has happened since the 1,258 hits counter amount last week i hope the woman isn't too excited about people loving her talent and the potential of becoming a celebrity. she will be so depressed when she finds out the joke is on her. i wonder if she knows yet...

jefhatfield
Jun 27, 2003, 11:28 PM
i hope the woman isn't too excited about people loving her talent and the potential of becoming a celebrity. she will be so depressed when she finds out the joke is on her. i wonder if she knows yet...

with 25000 hits, there have to be some real, genuine fans

heck, look at american idol...one person's favorite talent is another person's singing goat:p

while a lot of people didn't seem to like josh gracin the country singer on american idol, my wife and me thought he actually was the most marketable potential star despite the fact that he was perhaps the most limited singer of the 12 finalists

he had a real genuine soul and he put his heart into everything he did

mrjamin
Jun 28, 2003, 06:45 AM
With the increase traffic that mrjamin is bringing to her site, she should compensate him! :p

i agree - I'm labelling myself head of marketing and promotion!

While i'm in my marketing/promotion role, check out http://www.cathyburton.co.uk/ - she's amazing (she actually is!). Check out the videos, the mp3s, the lot - i wanna see her make it big in the United States!

Seriously y'all, she's great; if you like her stuff, buy a cd. Its a great album (and my name's in the sleeve ;))

caveman_uk
Jun 28, 2003, 09:31 AM
While i'm in my marketing/promotion role, check out http://www.cathyburton.co.uk/ - she's amazing (she actually is!). Check out the videos, the mp3s, the lot - i wanna see her make it big in the United States!

Yep, she's got a really nice voice. I liked the video of the acoustic track recorded in Arundel Pizza Express.

mrjamin
Jun 28, 2003, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by caveman_uk
Yep, she's got a really nice voice. I liked the video of the acoustic track recorded in Arundel Pizza Express.

the album version of that song is stunning. Apologies for the shameless plug - i do the site for free so i like to see it getting used!

wdlove
Jun 28, 2003, 11:50 AM
It's a nice site mrjamin, thank you. She's a very nice looking young lady with a great voice!

kiwi_the_iwik
Jun 29, 2003, 09:12 AM
Maybe the people in the Old Folks Homes she sings to have discovered the internet, which may be why her site's had so many hits...

Hmmm - as for the hospital performances, it'd make you want to get better so you could get out before she came 'round to sing again.

Talk about a captive audience...

Yoikes!

AND now she's settled in New Zealand! Damn - I wanted to go back there to live at some point during my old age, but it looks like she might be all the rage on the charts by the way her site's been so active, so I'll never get away from her.

How did she get through immigration with a voice like that? Ha! Maybe the NZ Government had ideas about licencing it as a weapon (of mass distraction).

Expect George "Dubya" during is address to the nation on Sunday to say:

"We shall not TOL-ER-ATE New Zealand's entry into the world scene as a dangerous force. Their WMD programme MUST end. Wing MUST NOT infiltrate our airwaves. In doing so will be seen as an act of aggression, and - Make No Mistake - the penalties will be severe."

Poo-bum.

:rolleyes:

scem0
Jun 29, 2003, 09:20 AM
the poor woman probably doesn't even know she has a website.

25623 visitors since June 15th 2003!

She and the Starwars kid need to team up and make a starwars movie where she does the singing, and he does the fighting.

scem0

kiwi_the_iwik
Jun 29, 2003, 09:23 AM
Headline:

Wing Starts World War 3

vollspacken
Jun 29, 2003, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by kiwi_the_iwik
Headline:

Wing Starts World War 3

oh my god..! go get your earplugs and take shelter in a sound-proof bunker..! :eek:

anyone remember "mars attacks!" when the aliens' heads explode because of the horrible yodling music... let's all hope that Wing's "beautiful" voice doesn't get unleashed upon the world through giant mobile speaker systems... waaaaaaaaaaah!!!

jefhatfield
Jul 2, 2003, 12:33 PM
with over 25,000 hits in just over two weeks, wing has taken her music off the net until she updates her server

the success of her site is unlike anything i have ever heard of that is not a major corporate web site

i wonder how many people worldwide have heard her music at this point and how many people have bought one or more of her cds

i wish, as a musician, i could have marketed such a genius product which people would be so itching to hear and share with others...even if just for the comedy aspect of it

Pete_Hoover
Jul 2, 2003, 03:39 PM
...not

enjoy!

You got this from Techtv. This was on one of their shows like a week ago. I think it was unscrewed. Anywho, it is funny.

jefhatfield
Jul 2, 2003, 08:30 PM
...but tech tv or not, before this site became major talk on macrumors, there was less than 1,000 hits on it...now the site is on its way to 30,000 hits and maybe onto some major coverage somewhere...on macrumors, this thread on wing has had 73 posts and over 1,000 views

wing can conceivably have 100s of thousands of hits before the year is up and it would take a lot of chatgroups to simultaneously discover wing in the near future for that

i could also see that at the same time as macrumors getting hip with wing, many other chat sites like this one got into wing through tech tv all around the world, too

either way with our influence or not, wing has prolly been very surprised at her new found popularity and the many fans and detractors these last two and a half weeks have produced

Gus
Jul 2, 2003, 08:41 PM
I'm just mad because the music was taken off before I could hear her. :(

Regards,
Gus

P.S. Have you ever heard a CD of Florence Foster Jenkins?

Check it out. All classical musicians own a copy of this CD for relief of stress.

http://www.brumm.com/realaudio/alternative/jenkinsnotes.htm

jefhatfield
Jul 2, 2003, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by Gus
I'm just mad because the music was taken off before I could hear her. :(

Regards,
Gus

well, imagine simon cowell's worst nightmare:D

voicegy
Jul 2, 2003, 11:41 PM
...but tech tv or not, before this site became major talk on macrumors, there was less than 1,000 hits on it...now the site is on its way to 30,000 hits and maybe onto some major coverage somewhere...on macrumors, this thread on wing has had 73 posts and over 1,000 views....with our influence or not, wing has prolly been very surprised at her new found popularity and the many fans and detractors these last two and a half weeks have produced

You got that right! Her web hit counter starting climbing two days after mrjamin had the good taste to turn us on to her, and I know for myself that I turned on at least 10 people to the site, and in turn those 10 told 10 others...I really believe that back when mrjamin informed us of this classic, the users here were a major factor in spreading the good word...well before techtv or anything else jumped on it.

What a neat feeling to be in on the beginning of the latest fad...and then, sadly, as I went to Wings' site at a friend's house tonight 'cause he lost my original e-mail about it, I saw the terrible news of all the samples being pulled.

Well, heck...guess I'll have to buy a cd...Lord knows it's worth it!!

jefhatfield
Jul 3, 2003, 12:04 AM

Well, heck...guess I'll have to buy a cd...Lord knows it's worth it!!

it's funnier than adam sandler's cd...which btw is quite funny

i put wing up there with cheech and chong and in some ways wing is funnier because, i think, she is trying to be serious

either her inoocence is genius or she could be a genius pulling the wool over our eyes and intetionally making such a funny site with those bizzare soundclips

the more i have listened to them, the more i can't see how someone can hit those notes that far off...i tried to sing that bad and even practiced and still could not sound anything like her

she hits notes quarter tones off of the tonic, which musically is very hard to do, and is consistent in her abberations of the original melody

i really think there is something really unique in a strange way with her note choice

this cd is something i want to buy soon...the carpenter's one of course

"they long to beeee, close to yoo":p

Gus
Jul 3, 2003, 12:21 AM
Music of the Far East tends to lean towards performance and training of the quarter tone scale based on their traditional musical types. In the West, (US and European Continent) this is a relatively new trend. The first composer to attempt this type of writing was Debussy, but not in the degree to which the traditional Chinese music sounds. In the US, a lot of avant garde music, particularly for wind instruments, has been composed for the performer to use quarter tones. This is actuaslly very hard to do, becuase our instruments were designed to the half stpes of the chromatic, or even-tempered scale. I actually performed a couple of pieces like this on my last recital, and everyone loved them, which totally surprised me.

Of course, you also have Arnold Schoenberg's use of what he called "Sprechstimme", or aproximation of pitch in vocal parts. His piece Pierrot Lunaire has a vocal solo in which this technique is used. He also used it extensively in his opera Moses und Aron.

She's probably just exhibiting the influences of traditional music of the East.
I can't wait to her this.

Regards,
Gus

jefhatfield
Jul 13, 2003, 12:44 PM
wing has had 30,000 hits since we discovered her here at macrumors!

her music samples are still offline due to the huge puclicity we gave her

but now the hits on her website have slowed down considerably and maybe she will be able to get the song samples back up for those of us to hear that didn't get the chance

at a certain point, she will need to get new gear because she will get dicovered again and again and will have to be able to take the online traffic

wdlove
Jul 13, 2003, 12:48 PM
She needs to have you as her technical adviser Jef. I wonder if she realizes where her road to success has come from?

King Cobra
Jul 13, 2003, 03:53 PM
>She needs to have you as her technical adviser Jef.

Now that's scary: Jef. guiding the Wing

Progress better not be made in the wrong direction, if that's even possible. :D

voicegy
Jul 13, 2003, 06:40 PM
The initial flurry of hits has died down because they don't even have ONE single download sample...so why go there anymore? *sigh* They need to fix that SOON or else Wing will lose out on her 15 minutes!

Thankfully, a friend who I sent the link to way back when sent it to someone else...and they had the sense to purchase "Wing Does The Carpenters", a copy of which I'm listening to at this very moment. This is such High Art I can't even begin to describe it. I've got it on cassette tape, and I have to remind myself that there's nothing wrong with my tape deck...no, it's not slowing down or speeding up by itself, it really is her magnificent abilities. (or lack thereof!) One hasn't lived until one hears Wing do (or, rather, UNdo) "Sing...Sing a Song."

If I had the energy, time and gumption, I'd throw this on iTunes and go wipe out all the iPods at the Apple store and fill 'em with Wing. Could you imagine?!?:eek:

anneleonard
Jul 15, 2003, 05:45 AM
Who'd have thought mrjamin (my boyfriend, incidentally) to have caused a mini-internet phenomenon. I'll have to tell him about it coz NTL have screwed up his broadband so hasn't been on MR recently. Let's hope those mp3s are put up soon as it would be a great pity if Wing misses out on being the latest 15-minutes-of-fame website star.

themadchemist
Jul 16, 2003, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by zed
haha, this is sooo true... except it would be louder... and in some obscure asian language ;)

Obscure? Well, with Asia's population, I think it would be a little parochial to call any Asian language obscure. But that's my personal rant, which didn't come out rantish and vindictive enough. DOH!

Anyway, as far as the singing: Well, so many people from MacRumors went their to check out her singing that the servers got clogged and they shut them down.

Wow, MacRumors doing service to the world...One Wing at a time.

I WONDER WHEN WE'LL SEE THIS ON iTMS

jefhatfield
Jul 18, 2003, 06:07 AM
site at 32340 and pretty much stalled out

...we need our wing