Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GoGoSamGo

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 28, 2007
Just thought I'd show this off to you fellow film makers and get some opinion on it.

Link: http://films.thelot.com/films/35181

I posted it on The Lot a week ago, seeing that even the most random home videos seem to get tons of reviews, but I've had no luck yet.

As it's also posted on the site I'll post the description here:

My Friends and I were bored one night, but we had our camera so we decided to do something. We came up with the idea while filming this from 10:30pm to 12:00pm, and editing took around an hour or two. We forgot to turn on audio, so we recorded the whole thing without the original audio so all the sounds you hear were used from Soundtrack Pro's Sound effects. Was a fun little project we did out of the blue and hopefully you like it.

So please give me your honest review, if I don't then I won't know how to improve next time. The music I like, but I don't like it for the video itself, but I promised my friend (the actor) I'd use it for it since he thought it would work. Thanks guys!

FleurDuMal

macrumors 68000
May 31, 2006
London Town
Just thought I'd show this off to you fellow film makers and get some opinion on it.

Link: http://films.thelot.com/films/35181

I posted it on The Lot a week ago, seeing that even the most random home videos seem to get tons of reviews, but I've had no luck yet.

As it's also posted on the site I'll post the description here:

My Friends and I were bored one night, but we had our camera so we decided to do something. We came up with the idea while filming this from 10:30pm to 12:00pm, and editing took around an hour or two. We forgot to turn on audio, so we recorded the whole thing without the original audio so all the sounds you hear were used from Soundtrack Pro's Sound effects. Was a fun little project we did out of the blue and hopefully you like it.

So please give me your honest review, if I don't then I won't know how to improve next time. The music I like, but I don't like it for the video itself, but I promised my friend (the actor) I'd use it for it since he thought it would work. Thanks guys!

Disclaimer: I know nothing about film...I don't think I've even ever posted anything in this subforum before. So this is all in layman's terms.

I thought it was quite good. However, I think the music ruined it a bit. I think it would have been more effective with no background music, or, if anything, something simple and unintrusive. Nothing rocky or poppy. It gave it the feel of a trainer (sorry, sneaker) commercial or something.

And I came up with that opinion before reading in your post that the music was recommended by someone else.

skimaxpower

Jan 13, 2006
The Good:
-Excellent lighting
-Good costumes
-Decent acting
-Sweet car shots
-Good sound FX
-Short and Sweet!!!

The Bad:
-The whole AIM villain is so 1999
-A dream sequence? That's so 1959
-Sets could be better
-More camera motion would add drama/excitement
-I didn't like the music (that's personal taste though)

GoGoSamGo

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 28, 2007
Hey hey as soon as I thought this thread was dead I get more comments! Thanks for the honesty guys, I love hearing what people really don't like about something I do so I can improve it next time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.