Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stoid

macrumors 601
Original poster
I've developed a new flash interface to browse my portfolio pieces. Each of the colored boxes will be replaced by a different image. When the slider settles on one frame, a description will appear.

Link

Feedback is appreciated.

applekid

macrumors 68020
Jul 3, 2003
Oooooh. Fancy. Slightly slow though, but I guess that's Flash for you. I would love it if that code was available. My sister wanted a simple photo viewer for her photography hobby, but my Flash codes are kind of lackluster :(

applekid

macrumors 68020
Jul 3, 2003
Thanks for the comments!

When you mean slow, do you mean that the sliding (orange/blue) box should move faster when manipulated?

I've updated it with some of my work in the first 9 slides.

The sliding doesn't appear fluid in both the top preview bar and the actual slides. It moves a lot quickly.

It's better than anything I could've done in Flash :D

Oh, by the way, does it use XML? XML is quite handy for these things.

Anyways, I would love it if you made the source available *nudge nudge* :D Preferably the original one with just color boxes. That might be enough of an example for me to learn.

stoid

macrumors 601
Original poster
The sliding doesn't appear fluid in both the top preview bar and the actual slides. It moves a lot quickly.

Good point. I doubled the frame rate to 24 fps, so as long as your computer can handle it, the transitions are MUCH smoother. I've also finished adding my portfolio. This (along with a web site pitch that I haven't started in on yet) has to be submitted in an hour and a half, but I'll try to get around to posting the source for this at some point.

applekid

macrumors 68020
Jul 3, 2003
Good point. I doubled the frame rate to 24 fps, so as long as your computer can handle it, the transitions are MUCH smoother. I've also finished adding my portfolio. This (along with a web site pitch that I haven't started in on yet) has to be submitted in an hour and a half, but I'll try to get around to posting the source for this at some point.

Definitely much smoother. I like how when you drag the orange box part of the way over two slides in the scroll bar, the display shows they are between two slides.

maxrobertson

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2006
Jakarta
Very good. I really like the interface, and it behaves exactly how I would want in every way. I love the way you can drag the focus thing and it actually shows you more than one at a time. My only two issues are:

The loading thing is really boring and uninspired

There's a little "jump" of the description and image just before it comes to rest.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.