PDA

View Full Version : got a wii

darkwing
Mar 31, 2007, 09:40 PM
So I was playing TP in a store a couple days ago, and that wasn't a broken controller like the first time I played it and it was pretty cool. I started thinking about how much fun you can have with a new method of control, but sadly the GameStop I was in just didn't have any Wiis. Fortunately, the person behind the counter made me an offer I just couldn't refuse. I give him $300, plus my PS3, and I get the Wii, 4 Wiimotes/Nunchucks, WW, TP, Wii Sports, and Excite Truck. So I took it home and had a total blast with it! I had friends over today for a Wii sports party and it was a blast. Even all our moms, who aren't gamers, came by and played with us.

Needless to say if anyone is trying to decide between a Wii and a PS3 I'd go for the Wii. It's way more fun, and there's nothing at all wrong with the graphics. It's been 11 years, but it looks like I'm back in Nintendo's pocketbook for keeps! I can't wait for Mario Galaxy to come out. :D

zap2
Mar 31, 2007, 09:44 PM
:D

Yup, the Wii is great! I'd say take a look at The Godfather for the Wii, its a blast, very good use of the controls in a game.

Edit---After doing the math, I'm not to sure this is true!

applekid
Mar 31, 2007, 09:51 PM
So I was playing TP in a store a couple days ago, and that wasn't a broken controller like the first time I played it and it was pretty cool. I started thinking about how much fun you can have with a new method of control, but sadly the GameStop I was in just didn't have any Wiis. Fortunately, the person behind the counter made me an offer I just couldn't refuse. I give him $300, plus my PS3, and I get the Wii, 4 Wiimotes/Nunchucks, WW, TP, Wii Sports, and Excite Truck. So I took it home and had a total blast with it! I had friends over today for a Wii sports party and it was a blast. Even all our moms, who aren't gamers, came by and played with us.

Needless to say if anyone is trying to decide between a Wii and a PS3 I'd go for the Wii. It's way more fun, and there's nothing at all wrong with the graphics. It's been 11 years, but it looks like I'm back in Nintendo's pocketbook for keeps! I can't wait for Mario Galaxy to come out. :D

That's an interesting deal you got! Considering the PS3 is nowhere near as difficult to find, I think people should consider seeing if EBGames/GameStop will offer them a similar deal.

zap2
Mar 31, 2007, 09:59 PM
That's an interesting deal you got! Considering the PS3 is nowhere near as difficult to find, I think people should consider seeing if EBGames/GameStop will offer them a similar deal.

But a PS3 is 600(or 500)USD, plus 300...thats 900/800 for 640 worth of stuff(if you got 4 "full" controllers, plus a 5th inside the box)

Veritas&Equitas
Mar 31, 2007, 10:02 PM
Fortunately, the person behind the counter made me an offer I just couldn't refuse. I give him $300, plus my PS3, and I get the Wii, 4 Wiimotes/Nunchucks, WW, TP, Wii Sports, and Excite Truck.
Well, different strokes for different folks I guess; I would definitely refuse that deal in a heartbeat.

I think you got screwed over, and I don't even like the PS3. Your whole PS3 package is worth maybe what, $500? + $300 cash that you gave him? You think that a Wii with 4 Wiimotes and a few games is worth $800? Wow.

I guess you wanted that Wii REALLY bad.

xfiftyfour
Mar 31, 2007, 10:18 PM
Yeah.. I really don't understand how that was a deal you couldn't refuse..? You got jipped!

applekid
Mar 31, 2007, 10:43 PM
But a PS3 is 600(or 500)USD, plus 300...thats 900/800 for 640 worth of stuff(if you got 4 "full" controllers, plus a 5th inside the box)

Hm... Good point. Didn't do the math when I replied.

Foxglove9
Mar 31, 2007, 10:51 PM
Yeah that was a terrible deal, but if you are happy with your purchase then I guess that's all that matters.

darkwing
Mar 31, 2007, 11:03 PM
I realize money wise it wasn't the best deal, but at least I managed to get one. I made out better than others. Besides, the controllers seem harder to find than the systems. I think the guy had another Wii and wanted to pick up a ps3 cheap. I will probably get another ps3 later when there's more games.

risc
Apr 1, 2007, 12:38 AM
Wow this is 1 of the dumbest things I've heard. You seriously did this?

Nah seriously April fools joke right?

pcypert
Apr 1, 2007, 01:38 AM
I think April Fools. Or just a fool in April...just kidding...not really slandering you...please don't ban me ;)

For 800 bucks I could have shipped you two Japanese Wiis or a Jap and US one...I think April Fool's for sure. If not you have plenty of disposable income.

Paul

evilgEEk
Apr 1, 2007, 02:07 AM

Ha ha ha!

Riiiiiight... Mr. Hardcore PS3 fan himself getting together all his friends and their non-gaming moms to play the Wii.

I've got a bridge to sell you too. :)

djstarrock
Apr 1, 2007, 06:16 AM
Yea its definitely an April fools.

:apple:

HydroMan
Apr 1, 2007, 08:59 AM

Oh yeah don't forget to buy one of these (http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/wiihelm.shtml?cpg=cj) for your Wii.

Sky Blue
Apr 1, 2007, 09:05 AM

Lame april fools.

RamenBooko
Apr 1, 2007, 10:31 AM
I hope this is a joke, that's was too stupid of a deal for anyone to pull. PS3 probably equals all the stuff he gave you.

Chone
Apr 1, 2007, 10:38 AM
Lame april fools.

Nah I actually thought it was funny plus people were fooled so that automatically makes it a great April's Fools.

Sky Blue
Apr 1, 2007, 10:45 AM
Nah I actually thought it was funny plus people were fooled so that automatically makes it a great April's Fools.

Super lame April Fools.

This place needs a thread like this:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/announcement.php?f=2&a=11

darkwing
Apr 1, 2007, 12:20 PM

Yes a lot of people were fooled, but you guys weren't. I figured this thread would be moved over to console war, because it shows the intelligence of your average Wii owner. ;)

It was fun though.

twoodcc
Apr 1, 2007, 04:12 PM
i found it kinda lame also...

Dagless
Apr 1, 2007, 04:27 PM
because it shows the intelligence of your average Wii owner.

Which is terribly ironic as it seems the people who don't frequent the Games board and non-Wii fanboys believed it.

JackAxe
Apr 1, 2007, 04:28 PM
Yes a lot of people were fooled, but you guys weren't. I figured this thread would be moved over to console war, because it shows the intelligence of your average Wii owner. ;)

It was fun though.

You were certainlly off on your assessment. Now step back and look at the irony of your statement. :)

<]=)

zap2
Apr 1, 2007, 04:55 PM
because it shows the intelligence of your average Wii owner. ;)

Ya because even if ever Wii owner on the forums believed you(which they didn't) that still wouldn't be .01% of all Wii owner.:rolleyes:

Dagless
Apr 1, 2007, 05:08 PM
You were certainlly off on your assessment. Now step back and look at the irony of your statement. :)

<]=)

Sorta backfired didn't it?

JackAxe
Apr 1, 2007, 06:22 PM
Yep. :)

I noticed that your post came to pretty much the same conclusion as me, but beat me to the punch. I took longer because I had to edit out all of my extra profanity. :o

<]=)

darkwing
Apr 1, 2007, 07:30 PM
It's just a joke, guys. Don't take it so personally. :P

JackAxe
Apr 2, 2007, 01:01 AM
Never!!! That would require effort!!! :p

<]=)

Mooey
Apr 2, 2007, 03:29 AM
#!@()$!@$ !$*(!@$ !!!

I GOT FOOLED, AND! it's not even April Fool's Day anymore. :mad: