PDA

View Full Version : NiGHTS 2 Official!

fiercetiger224
Apr 2, 2007, 01:58 AM
http://wii.ign.com/articles/777/777522p1.html

YAAAY!!! Seriously, it's one of my ALL-TIME favorite games. I'm glad it's official. And it's exclusive for the Wii! :D WOOHOO!

madmax_2069
Apr 2, 2007, 03:23 AM
WOW , i can honestly say this is way long over due, i am glad they finally decided to do it

Mooey
Apr 2, 2007, 03:24 AM
Yeah, this thing is a week or so old! It's awesome though.

I remember playing it at GameStop back when I was a Wii little kid and dreaming of owning a Sega Saturn... Then I looked at the price tag.

Countless hours were spent in front of that kiosk however...good times, good times. :cool:

madmax_2069
Apr 2, 2007, 04:16 AM
if the developers play there card right this can be one of Wii's killer app's. this game has the ability to sell allot and go gold

Dagless
Apr 2, 2007, 05:54 AM
This is simply huge.

What a great show on the internets behalf. It's great how it was worked out by the subtle clues (the star image, the shape of the fingers...).

If Sonic Team doubles the score of their games with the Wii controller then I'm hoping they do a great job on this one. It's already on my "to buy" list just going off how awesome the internet as a whole thinks of it.

Sky Blue
Apr 2, 2007, 06:13 AM
so...when was the last time Sega made something good?... seriously

Dagless
Apr 2, 2007, 06:15 AM
Nights 1?

Sky Blue
Apr 2, 2007, 06:18 AM
Nights 1?

Right, and as Naka and Oshima aren't involved, I don't have my hopes up. That said, pleasedon'tscrewitupsegapleasedon'tscrewitups
egapleasedon'tscrewitupsegapleasedon'tscrewitupsegap
leasedon'tscrewitupsega

pcypert
Apr 2, 2007, 06:26 AM
Yawn. What was all those strongly opinioned words about leaving classics, classics in another thread? ;) Seems some have already changed their tune off of internet chatter alone...

I played the original and it wasn't really all that. Seeing as how the original team isn't even involved thankfully means it might be a little different, but that will peave the fanboys....but it could mean worse yet: just some development team trying to recapture some half glory that existed because the game had some cult/underdog status and failing misserably because the guy that made the first one what it was isn't involved...

So it's either nothing like the original or sort of like it but wattered down and out dated. Or miracle of miracles the Sega team miraculously gets its stuff together for a game that probably has half the budget of all their latest attempts.

Paul

twistedlegato
Apr 2, 2007, 07:17 AM
Sorry to ask but what is NiGHTS?

Whats the story and everything like that.

Haoshiro
Apr 2, 2007, 07:49 AM
That article is dated April 1st.... are you sure this isn't a cruel joke? ;)

fiercetiger224
Apr 2, 2007, 08:44 AM

http://forums.gametrailers.com/showthread.php?t=82713

At the time of the article posting it was like 2:58 AM this morning, although IGN has a date of April 1st...It might be a cruel April Fools joke, but someone else at the Game Trailers forum posted a thread 2 days ago, on the 31st, not on April 1st. :eek:

Foxglove9
Apr 2, 2007, 08:47 AM
I loved Nights (and especially Xmas Nights) so I'm pretty excited about this news.

The thing is Nights was always one of those sleeper hits, and at this point so much time has gone by it has lost its mainstream appeal to be a blockbuster for the Wii. I'd almost like to see this on the DS with similar graphics as the original.

Dagless
Apr 2, 2007, 08:58 AM

April Fools day (more like morning) ends at midday. unless IGN are based on the very far edge of the timezone, it's real.

fiercetiger224
Apr 2, 2007, 09:00 AM
April Fools day (more like morning) ends at midday. unless IGN are based on the very far edge of the timezone, it's real.

Yeah, like I said, I didn't see the article appear until like 2:50 AM this morning. So it's definitely way past April Fools day. :)

mkrishnan
Apr 2, 2007, 09:07 AM
Touchscreen NiGHTs variant on DS please? :D How cool would that be?

Mmm, I think the Wiimote and NiGHTS may make an exciting combination.

SamIchi
Apr 2, 2007, 09:14 AM
As exciting as this is, I doubt Sega's ability to make a good game. As much as I want this to be AAA material. I highly doubt it.

fiercetiger224
Apr 2, 2007, 09:39 AM
As exciting as this is, I doubt Sega's ability to make a good game. As much as I want this to be AAA material. I highly doubt it.

True enough, after several screw-ups of Sonic. But I have faith in Sega on this one.

This is ONE title they can't screw up. Since they already screwed up Sonic, why would they want to screw this one up, especially since they haven't made a sequel to this title in over a decade? They'd better not screw this up! :mad:

fiercetiger224
Apr 2, 2007, 10:20 AM
April 2, 2007 - SEGA of America and Europe today jointly announced NiGHTS: Journey into Dreams for Nintendo's Wii console. The game is the official sequel to the cult hit SEGA Saturn game in which players explored dream worlds and controlled a jester with the ability to fly. Journey into Dreams seems to follow the same basic premise.

According to SEGA, the title enables gamers to control a jester named NiGHTS through Nightopia, "a rich and vibrant world where dreams come to life." Players will, of course, utilize the Wii remote for what SEGA calls a "heightened sense of gliding, spiraling and looping through seven mystical dream worlds." In addition to soaring through the stages, gamers will battle Nightmares from the the land of Nightmare.

"We plan to deliver a gameplay experience never before seen on the Wii with NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams," said Scott A. Steinberg, vice president of marketing, SEGA of America. "The game takes full advantage of the unique Wii Remote controller enabling gamers to guide NiGHTS through spectacularly designed dream worlds intertwined with a story about hope and courage."

Overseas magazines broke the story (and embargo) last week, showcasing first screenshots of NiGHTS for Wii. In addition, the game's director revealed that a two-player mode and some form of online compatibility were likely for the title.

IGN Wii will have much more on the game in the coming weeks. Stay tuned.

Source: IGN (http://wii.ign.com/articles/777/777545p1.html)

Looks like they re-posted this time with more official news. It's definitely not an April Fools joke. :) AWESOME!!! CAN'T WAIT!!! It's even more of a reason to get a Wii now! :D

it5five
Apr 2, 2007, 10:30 AM
I'll just plug in my Saturn and play the original.

I still don't have a Wii. :(

fiercetiger224
Apr 2, 2007, 10:32 AM
I'll just plug in my Saturn and play the original.

I still don't have a Wii. :(

Start saving your pennies! It's supposed to come out by this holiday season...So you may be able to grab one by the end of the year if you start saving now... :)

it5five
Apr 2, 2007, 10:37 AM
I could buy one right now (if any were available), but it'd be really irresponsible/stupid of me since I have so many other things to pay for. I'd hate myself for dropping $250+ on a purchase like that. I have panic attacks when I go DVD shopping (about $80 per trip), so I can't imagine what would happen if I bought a Wii.

My brother has one though, so I'll just tell him to get the game and I'll go to his house to play it.

Agilus
Apr 2, 2007, 10:43 AM
I'll be watching for this one. Hopefully it's good! I never played the original, but I'm curious to see what all the excitement is about.

About Sega not being able to make good games.... It's true that they've had a bad run lately, but F-Zero GX was good (if difficult), and Sega made that. I also enjoyed Super Monkey Ball, which is a Sega property. :) Haven't tried the Wii version of SMB, though....

Mooey
Apr 2, 2007, 05:42 PM
SMB for Wii is insanely tough but you feel like you want to beat whatever levels to see what they have next. It's awesome.

Agilus
Apr 2, 2007, 05:47 PM
SMB for Wii is insanely tough but you feel like you want to beat whatever levels to see what they have next. It's awesome.

Cool. I'll probably be looking at getting some more Wii games in the not-too-distant future, so I'll probably give this one a try.

JackAxe
Apr 2, 2007, 05:54 PM
so...when was the last time Sega made something good?... seriously

SMB on the Wii is a good game.

<]=)

GFLPraxis
Apr 2, 2007, 08:44 PM
http://digitalunrestcomic.com/strips/2007-03-21.jpg

Foxglove9
Apr 2, 2007, 10:01 PM
The one on the right would make a far cooler game character.

iKwick7
Apr 2, 2007, 10:13 PM
Sad to say I never really played Nights!- only in demos in store.

Suffice to say, I am extremely looking forward to this and Super Paper Mario. Some great times ahead!

ninewhereman
Apr 3, 2007, 12:47 AM
Happy to hear that there is something this cool to look forward to on Wii. I have been pretty disappointed as of late with the game line up for this year. Hope to hear more surprises like this.

GFLPraxis
Apr 3, 2007, 01:28 AM
Happy to hear that there is something this cool to look forward to on Wii. I have been pretty disappointed as of late with the game line up for this year. Hope to hear more surprises like this.

...Super Mario Galaxy + Super Smash Bros Brawl + Metroid Prime 3 + NiGHTS 2 + Sonic & Mario @ The Olympics? Not even counting all the more minor releases like Super Paper Mario, Super Mario Strikers Charged, BWii, etc?

This year's game lineup is freakin' sweet. With our luck half of it will be delayed to 2008 though.

ninewhereman
Apr 3, 2007, 02:16 AM
...Super Mario Galaxy + Super Smash Bros Brawl + Metroid Prime 3 + NiGHTS 2 + Sonic & Mario @ The Olympics? Not even counting all the more minor releases like Super Paper Mario, Super Mario Strikers Charged, BWii, etc?

This year's game lineup is freakin' sweet. With our luck half of it will be delayed to 2008 though.

There is no doubt that if all that hit this year, it would be awesome. I just know that we won't see all of it this year. Maybe it's for the better because that means next year will suck. Just as far as games that are for sure going to launch. Not extremely stellar so far. Had a look at the list at gamestop today. Not that they are the best source for this kind of thing to begin with though.