PDA

View Full Version : Daughters first Ballet recital

Backtothemac
Jun 12, 2003, 10:18 AM
Well, my little girl just turned 5 and had her first ballet recital. She was too cute. There is one little girl that just did not get the dance, and always got in my little girls way at the end. I though you guys might like to see the film, so.

http://homepage.mac.com/chuck_stacey/Menu2.html

jelloshotsrule
Jun 12, 2003, 10:38 AM
hah. awesome.

more entertaining than the ballet i saw here in nyc.... alvin ailey's got nothing on her! :)

Rower_CPU
Jun 12, 2003, 10:45 AM
Very cute, BTTM. It's so fun to see kids get into stuff like that.

wdlove
Jun 12, 2003, 11:03 AM
Congratulations, Backtothemac on Stacey's first recital. Very cute! I know that you are very proud of her!

e-coli
Jun 12, 2003, 11:12 AM
That's absolutely precious.

:cool:

scem0
Jun 12, 2003, 12:59 PM
My mommy made me take ballet once, for 6 months I think. I was pretty young. Probably six or so. I didn't like it too much. But I loved jumping. That's about all I remember.

Congrats on the 1st recital.

-scem0

vniow
Jun 12, 2003, 01:06 PM
I tried watching the video in my browser and it majorly screwed up for some reason, anybody else have this problem?
I copied the direct adress to the movie so I can try to download it directly later..

Mozilla Firebird v0.6.

jelloshotsrule
Jun 12, 2003, 01:38 PM
haha. wdlove... her name is madison stacey... stacey being the last name. ;)

Doctor Q
Jun 12, 2003, 02:21 PM
Wonderful, Backtothemac. I can tell Madison was the best dancer. After all, she was always the one featured in the center of the video! :)

Very cute how she looks around to check that she's making the right movements. It looks like another girl moves Madison at one point, and then Madi looks back at her.

I've been to a few family dance performances and the littles kids are always the most fun to watch. However, the younger girls were more excited about the fancy costumes they got to wear than about dancing for an audience!

I took a couple of ballet lessons when I was little. I remember 4 of the 5 foot positions, but that's about all.

pivo6
Jun 12, 2003, 03:02 PM
Wonderful, especially so close to Fathers Day. My oldest is five going on six and having seen her in a couple of school productions has got be one of best parts of being a dad.

Backtothemac
Jun 12, 2003, 06:40 PM
Thanks for the compliments everyone. WD, try it in safari or IE. She really is a great kid. She is 49" tall, and just turned 5, so she is going to have her Dads height.

Again, thank you all for the kind words.

dynamicd
Jun 13, 2003, 02:36 AM
Lol, that was great. I'm only 19 and I can't wait until I have a family, hopefully a daughter also, and get to go to things like that. I checked out those pictures you had up of her and she is really cute. Probably going to drive all the guys, including you, crazy in another 10 years.

pseudobrit
Jun 13, 2003, 10:52 AM
If I have a son or a daughter I'm going to teach him/her to play hockey. If it's a girl and she wants to parlay that into figure skating, well, I'd have to accept that, but I'd be disappointed. :D

MacFan25
Jun 13, 2003, 06:35 PM
congratulations bttm! Hopefully she'll keep having many more good recitals. :D

wdlove
Jun 13, 2003, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by pseudobrit
If I have a son or a daughter I'm going to teach him/her to play hockey. If it's a girl and she wants to parlay that into figure skating, well, I'd have to accept that, but I'd be disappointed. :D

I hope that when you have that son/daughter you will be proud no matter what path they might choose. Afterall the happiness of the child is what really counts!