Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

boneca

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 2, 2005
Boston, MA
I'm having problem installing Nero software on my Vista Home Premium running in latest version of Parallels. Basically I run the setup and process starts, asks all the setup questions and starts installing after that nothing. It's just disappears from the screen along from running processors list.
I installed couple other applications on Vista such as Vista manager etc. and didn't have any problems.

Did anybody experience something similar with this or other applications?

p.s. I have to add that installing process does create Ahead folder in Program Files put stupid Nero Scout on Computer, also adds uninstall option which doesn't work.

TIA
boneca

boneca

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 2, 2005
Boston, MA
Boneca,

Read this thread:

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1160682

And/or google on this... it appears to be an issue between Vista and Nero, and has nothing to do with Parallels. Try the alternate installation method discussed in the thread and see what it does? Good luck!

Thanks I'll check it out, when I'll get home tonight.
I don't know what it is there but I read on nero site that latest versions on app. suppose to be compatible with Vista, oh well maybe it's not exactly true.
On other note what other burning applications people are using with Vista? I used Nero for many years and was pretty happy with it.

Osarkon

macrumors 68020
Aug 30, 2006
Wales
I don't know of any other burning applications. All I've ever used is Nero but it's playing horribly with Vista (and i mean horribly) so i've been forced to uninstall it and i'm going to wait for something new to show up.

boneca

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 2, 2005
Boston, MA
I don't know of any other burning applications. All I've ever used is Nero but it's playing horribly with Vista (and i mean horribly) so i've been forced to uninstall it and i'm going to wait for something new to show up.

Actually I just remember now, I bought new HP PC for my grandfather back in February and it came with Roxio suite software, I'm pretty sure it was version 9. He uses it all the time in Vista Home Premium which PC came with so I assume Roxio will be fine for now at least.

Osarkon

macrumors 68020
Aug 30, 2006
Wales
A quick check shows that's only in pre-release stages and isn't finalized. I don't suppose there's a free alternative like Burn that anyone knows of?

daveL

macrumors 68020
Jun 18, 2003
Montana
Why do you burn in Windows? You have a Mac. Try Roxio Toast for OS X. Seems like you are going around your fingers to get to your thumb.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.